PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 07-26-2022, 12:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Sundials

I've always been quite interested in sundials and in the past few years, whenever I've passed one, I've tried to take a photo. I was in Reutlingen, Germany recently, and there's one in the "Pomologie", which is a nice park with apple trees (and not French fries) (see photos).

This is a PDF file that I apparently last worked on 11 years ago. I wrote a program for calculating dials and there are quite a few examples in this PDF: https://www.gnu.org/software/3dldf/g...s/sundl_03.pdf

It, along with the source code and some other material, is on this webpage: The GNU 3DLDF Sundials Page

Paper, being not very water-resistant isn't such a great material for sundials, but for indoors it would be fine. Also, for the gnomon, something thin yet stiff would be ideal and cardboard isn't quite ideal.
Attached Thumbnails
Sundials-reutlingen_pomologie17.jpg   Sundials-reutlingen_pomologie18.jpg   Sundials-reutlingen_pomologie19.jpg   Sundials-reutlingen_pomologie20.jpg   Sundials-reutlingen_pomologie21.jpg  

Sundials-reutlingen_pomologie22.jpg  
Google Adsense