PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 12-15-2009, 12:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi there,

I am typing on my phone so I am going to do my best to make an educational post.

I got my karate school moved into the new location and am finally open for business.

I ran into a serious problem that has affected 3 people who ordered punch sets. Here is the skinny:

I moved and and set everything up for business. The fire marshall came and shut me down because I didn't have a commercial dust collector on every tool. They shut the whole place down including my martial arts school. I had the same setup just one county away and there was never any problem.

So, I disconnected everything and arranged the shop tools in the corner with tarps over them. They came back to inspect and failed me again with instructions that I had to move every tool out of my building before I could get passed.

On to my next task, I reloaded all my shop tools back onto a trailer to get them out of the building so I could get the karate school open. They sat in storage while I went back and got set up for final inspection.

I was then told that I might have to double up the drywall on my unit as well as the wall on the empty unit next to to increase the burn time of the fire wall. In addition, I would have to change the hardware on the doors based on occupancy. By the grace of God, I was able to get out of that.

Long story short, I didn't get to work on the 3 orders of those who had sent payment via paypal.

To those 3 guys, I am back working again and will be shipping this week. The paypal payments are still on paypal and I will gladly refund if you wish.

The moral of the story? Don't doubt your local government to find ways to make money during the downtimes. They got me for a bunch.

I still don't have internet hooked up here at the new school so I am clicking away on my phone.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
sounds like dealings from any county in the republik of new jersey, good luck!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
That old joke about bureaucracy moving at the speed of government is a lie. They can move really fast when there's money to be made from some hapless citizen. I bet you $50 that the idiots who gigged you for the supposed discrepancies in your setup, couldn't set up a business like yours without any references if their lives depend on it. Petty bureaucrats, acting like they're the most important government official in the land, and they stick it to you because you're only a citizen and have no recourse.

Man, I am so pleased that you finally got these issues out of the way, and that you are not so frustrated that you gave up on everything!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdermott View Post
Hi there,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdermott View Post

I am typing on my phone so I am going to do my best to make an educational post.

I ran into a serious problem that has affected 3 people who ordered punch sets. Here is the skinny:
I am one of the three who as of this date have not received the punch set and Jason has not responded to my emails and private messages or refunded the money as I requested. Would the other members who ordered a punch set and have not received it please contact me via private message, I intend to file a clime with PayPal.

Jim Nunn