PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 12-02-2012, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.44 MB
Send a message via AIM to Cybermac Send a message via MSN to Cybermac
Arrow ...

Hello!

The 'Janet Air - Area 51' are operating '200' and '600' versions which would need significant modifications of '300'.
So this is a subject for further development.

Anyway, I just received email from Southwest Airlines that my enquiry was forwarded to Customer Relations Department for further review.
7-10 it may take - they said.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Looking forward to some SW colors, they have a bunch of cool paint jobs......Rich
Old 12-02-2012, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Here is my favorite paint job......Rich
B-737-sw-tex-flag-2.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
B-737-sw-tex-flag.jpg  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Hmm...

What about a "pm.com" scheme (And one for zealot as well, since you are posting there as well)?

Absolutely no idea what it would look like, just thought I'd run it up the flag pole and se who salutes.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermac View Post
Hello!

The 'Janet Air - Area 51' are operating '200' and '600' versions which would need significant modifications of '300'.
So this is a subject for further development.
I once asked one of our accident investigators what the FAA's role would be if one of the Janet 737s crashed.

He said our inquiry would be answered with, "What crash?"

Les (The Voice of Authority -- coming soon)
Google Adsense
Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 PM

Colours

Hello!

First there are going to be 'a real' scheme - just like this lovely 'Lone Star' from Southwest.
I heard about retirement of B-737-300 in Southwest, so I hope that 'Lone Star' is going to be kept in one piece and donated to some aviation museum!
I would really like to see it in real as many other 737's!

'The Janet 737 crash' - sounds like an old good 'Radio Yerevan joke' - very popular in Europe before the collapse of Soviet Union, often in form of question and answer, just like the one below...

Q: 'Is there a freedom of speech in S.U.?'
A: 'Yes, there is, but we think it is better to eat a white bread on the Black Sea (on sandy beaches) than eat a black bread on the White Sea (in the Siberian work camp)

(Sorry for off-topic - next time it will go to 'Comedy Stand - Humour')

Last edited by Cybermac; 12-04-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Cybermac that comes under the heading of plausible denigability.Or"What you talkin about Willis!"
Old 12-05-2012, 05:18 AM

Angry bad news

Hello Guys!

Tonight I received an answer from Southwest and this is not what we would like to see. Here is the main part of an email:

'Thank you so much for your inquiry. We are thrilled that you share our passion for aviation and you would like to design your B737 model after our very own Southwest colors. I'm sorry to disappoint but the paint design of our livery is proprietary to Southwest Airlines and as such that is not information that we are able to share.'

The email is comming from 'no reply' mail but I am going to challange it and try to ask two things:

1. Why the Southwest painting scheme can't be used on paper model if it is widely present on Aviation Simulators web sites (B-737 Southwest textures on Al-Aardvark, AvSim, etc.), so in effect what makes a digital model more privillaged to have that colour scheme than a model made from cardboard?

2. Why the Southwest painting scheme can't be used on paper model if it is widely available as a decal sheets for plastic models (DrawDecal, ScaleLiners, JetDecal, etc.) so in effect what makes a plastic model more privilaged to have that colour scheme?

If there would be nothing I can do with that, I will start from defunct airlines liveries and then after kindly asking the airlines one-by-one if they are OK with their painting scheme on my model.
I can only suppose: KLM, LOT, Delta can be OK with that and the some others as well.
I am also considering VIP/Government schemes (Chile, South Korea) - hope they wil be OK, but nothing is sure at the moment.

Guys, please correct me if I am doing something wrong, ANY suggestions strongly appreciated!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
I got this address off the media contacts part of the SWA website.

For Branded Entertainment opportunities, please e-mail [email protected]

You might try writing directly to her/him and make the points in your post. also, if you're planning to make your 737 without cost, stress that aspect and note it's free advertising for the Southwest brand!

Les (The Voice of Authority -- Coming Soon)
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by umtutsut View Post
I got this address off the media contacts part of the SWA website.

For Branded Entertainment opportunities, please e-mail [email protected]

You might try writing directly to her/him and make the points in your post. also, if you're planning to make your 737 without cost, stress that aspect and note it's free advertising for the Southwest brand!

Les (The Voice of Authority -- Coming Soon)
Agreed- Stress the fact that this is not for profit, and would be free advertising for Southwest.

You might also point out the free advertising that other carriers are getting from Canon: Namely, British Airways (747), Air India (777), Air Tahiti (A340), etc.

You might also wait to ask again until you have released other liveries first, and can show SWA what a quality paper model looks like, and by the way, wouldn't it be cool for them to see their livery on one of these too?