PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Just leave it be and apply the forgiveness v permission rule...by naming all those other companies, you increase the risk of putting the spotlight on them as well...if it's a free model, just do it...
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Go ahead and build one and send it to them......Rich
Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
It's their loss Mac, you would have been doing them a service. If someone said to me, i'm doing this for non-profit and my name would be all over it, i'd jump at it. The fact you asked and they refused permission makes it more awkward to continue down that line, but like others have said, try sending a built model to show them what they would be missing out of. Good luck with whatever way you decide go.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Don't poke the snake...they've said that they're not interested so you sending them a pic of you disregarding that is hardly likely to make then find any better about the idea...and then you really are likely to get a CND...
Old 12-06-2012, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
After all the work you put into this, you should try to stay
under the radar', especially since this model looks to be the best 737 anyone's ever done in paper. Chances are the powers that be at SW won't understand the paper model thing anyway....Most people I show my models to are perplexed, especially when I tell them it's for free in many cases, so why cause yourself more grief? What ever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck, as this is a beautiful model beautifully done
Mike
Google Adsense
Old 12-06-2012, 10:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.44 MB
Send a message via AIM to Cybermac Send a message via MSN to Cybermac
Arrow Many thanks for support!

Hello Guys!

You are a fantastic group of people - many thanks for support!

When I stared my design of B-737 I wrote a couple of e-mails to Boeing asking for any kind of support with a proper scale drawings, and their answer was very similar to what I got from SW.

Just like 'mcusanelli' said they totally don't understand the idea of paper modelling!

Anyway, I haven't given up, and slowly slowly gathered all pieces I could find.
Just like my mother taught me: 'If they kick you out through the door, you need to come back through the window - don't give up!'

I will write an e-mail to the other person from SW, but now I will focus on 'digital job' and schemes of defunct B-737-300 users (MALEV, SABENA, BALKAN, New York Air?, etc.)
and then with portfolio of such liveries, and probably some others, I will go to SW again!

If you have any suggestions with defunct B-737 users and schemes, please let me know.

I almost forgot, my current situation (studies and lack of job) suggests me to make the model downloadable with some kind of fee.
If it's going to be like that - please don't worry - it will not be much.
And for those of you guys, who would like to contribute with B-737-300 recolours, I think I have some kind 'free' idea

And after all, there is a lot of other options except of SW, please see the collage I made from my photos from various airports in Europe (2000-2010).
Attached Thumbnails
B-737-737collagage.jpg  

Last edited by Cybermac; 12-06-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
Yup, just as I suspected, they haven't got a clue! Don't keep pokin' them, there are tons of cool liveries....How about this one, Varig from Brasil. I love the 60' retro look of this one.....
Attached Thumbnails
B-737-varig_boeing_737-300_jetpix.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermac View Post
I almost forgot, my current situation (studies and lack of job) suggests me to make the model downloadable with some kind of fee.
If it's going to be like that - please don't worry - it will not be much.
And for those of you guys, who would like to contribute with B-737-300 recolours, I think I have some kind 'free' idea
Mac-

As much work as you have put into this, you should be compensated for your time.

I had several livery suggestions in mind, but they were not the -300 model. Will have to do some more research...

I would be willing to help with some recoloring (as much as I am able), do I need to contact you further?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoti View Post
+1 for SWA from me too!

Next questions is... Which scheme? Ya got Shamu, Colorado One, Lone Star One, Arizona One, as well as planes commemorating CA, FL, IL, MD, NV, NM...
D'oh!

Just realized all the schemes I mentioned above are Next Gen 737, not the -300 version.

Never mind...
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoti View Post
Just realized all the schemes I mentioned above are Next Gen 737, not the -300 version.
Sheesh...

If I post in the forest and no one is around, am I still wrong?

Shamu, Lone Star One, Arizona One, and California One were (are) all -300 models.