PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 05-13-2010, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks Groovin Fusion, I'm getting more excited to build it the closer it gets to being done.:D

Well Here's tonight's progress, got the dash done for the most part. Aside from a few small additions and fixes to the dash, the shifter, and a few odds and ends, the interior is pretty much done. I think from here I will move on to the frame. Gettin anxious to texture this thing:D
Attached Thumbnails
1969 Camaro Z28 RS 1/12 scale model-update-3.jpg   1969 Camaro Z28 RS 1/12 scale model-update-3-2.jpg  
Old 05-16-2010, 09:44 AM

Made some pretty good progress on this last night. For the tires I made up some treads that will be cut out and layered onto the tires for a nice effect, gonna be tedious for most to cut all of them out but I am lucky enough to have a wife who allowed me to get a Craftrobo cutter:D The wheels are styled like the newer Camaro wheels. I made up some of the original style wheels but wasn't happy with them, I'll probably try them again another day( I want a couple different parts to have multiple options or styles). I made the spindles so they can be glued turned at angle so you can see the treads, if the builder chooses. Gettin there, but still lots left to do.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:32 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Wow. - That's about all I can say.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 05-16-2010, 01:07 PM

Looking great so far.:D I like how you are also building the under frame--that's a nice touch. The detail is looking top notch and I look forward to seeing more. Nice choice on car, btw.

-LD
Old 05-16-2010, 04:50 PM

Wow, lookin good man ! Keep us updated
Google Adsense
Old 05-17-2010, 10:29 PM

Thanks guys:D

Here's tonight's update. Finished up the rear axle area, and got a start on the engine bay, I have the engine mostly blocked out so far. From there all that is left is the radiator, inner fenders, hinges for the hood and trunk, and a few other odds and ends. Found a color chart for the 69 Camaro, so I think I'll use that for some of the color options.:D

Old 05-18-2010, 03:44 PM

Amazing poly modeling. This is definitely your best work to date.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:45 PM

Back in the '80's, I worked with the clay modeler that sculpted the 67-69 Camaro roof back in 1965/6 timeframe.

Amazing work on a GM classic!

Ken
Old 05-18-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev0 View Post
Amazing poly modeling. This is definitely your best work to date.
Thanks Stevo I appreciate the kind words, I had good blueprints to model from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
Back in the '80's, I worked with the clay modeler that sculpted the 67-69 Camaro roof back in 1965/6 timeframe.

Amazing work on a GM classic!

Ken
Thanks for the kind words from you as well Ken. Sounds like it would have been a fun experience to have worked with the guy you mentioned, I would have loved to hear some of his industry stories.

Well, not a whole lot of progress tonight. Made up a simple carb, air cleaner with a simple filter and a version with 200 individual pieces to make up the filter, I'll have those separated onto to an optional sheet. Also made up the transmission, I'm not completely happy with it but I think the general shape will do, I'll just add some strips to simulate the raised ribs you see on transmissions. Added in some traction bars to the leaf springs, again, those will be on the optional page. I made up some simple little bolt patterns, one circle and one hexagon shape laminated to each other, I was thinking I would just make up 1 or 2 whole pages of them so when the model was done you could go around and put them all where you want them. Not much left to do now, radiator assembly, inner fender, engine bay stuff, shifter, and a few other small things. Then my favorite part, the texturing:D

Old 05-19-2010, 09:30 PM

A little progress tonight on the engine bay. Still lots of little bits left to do. Mostly played around with getting a feel for masking out the stripes.

Google Adsense