PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 05-19-2010, 09:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
i like the car but it is the interior and engine puts it out of my l build skill
Old 05-20-2010, 12:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
That looks scary to build. Im super keen to give it a test build!
Cant wait to see the paper version!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:22 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
@McHale - You could always print it with solid paper windows then skip the interior, and leave the hood permanently closed and skip the engine, or you could try your hand and see what comes out - you might surprise yourself.

@Grizley - This is an incredible design - the textured versions look GREAT! I can't wait for this. (Are you going to make it available, either for sale at Ecardmodels or the like, or here in the downloads showing a most impressive generosity?)

A note about the air filter - 200 individual elements in the air filter is pretty crazy - I wonder if on your spare parts page, you could just include a long strip, with fold lines, intended for printing on regular bond paper, so that it could be folded accordion style and glued in a circle, just like the real thing. It would be easier I think than individual elements, and more accurate.

Will you have a page for printing clear acetate windows?
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 05-24-2010, 04:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Wow!

Been a bit since I checked in on this thread and I'm astounded. This is going to be a top notch kit to be sure. Can't wait to see some build threads on it. May never get to it myself, but sure would like to.

Great work Grizley.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmags View Post
@McHale - You could always print it with solid paper windows then skip the interior, and leave the hood permanently closed and skip the engine, or you could try your hand and see what comes out - you might surprise yourself.

@Grizley - This is an incredible design - the textured versions look GREAT! I can't wait for this. (Are you going to make it available, either for sale at Ecardmodels or the like, or here in the downloads showing a most impressive generosity?)

A note about the air filter - 200 individual elements in the air filter is pretty crazy - I wonder if on your spare parts page, you could just include a long strip, with fold lines, intended for printing on regular bond paper, so that it could be folded accordion style and glued in a circle, just like the real thing. It would be easier I think than individual elements, and more accurate.

Will you have a page for printing clear acetate windows?
Thanks for the compliments cmags:D it is greatly appreciated. While it would be nice to get some cash out of the model, I can't see myself charging for it. I would rather give it away and have a chance of seeing more people build it rather than if I sold it maybe one or two building it.
I took your advice on the air filter and it is now one single part that will be folded like an actual filter. Thanks for the tip, that's exactly what i need to make the model better. To answer your question about the windows, yes, there will be separate pages for clear windows, I had planned on vac-forming mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsquirrel View Post
Been a bit since I checked in on this thread and I'm astounded. This is going to be a top notch kit to be sure. Can't wait to see some build threads on it. May never get to it myself, but sure would like to.

Great work Grizley.

Thank you for the feedback sjsquirrel, this is the stuff that makes giving these models away worthwhile. Thanks guys

Here is my current progress with this. There was a lot more things left to do than I thought there was, it's mostly just small details and going through pieces and separating them to make them easier to assemble. I decided to go with a diorama of sorts, as you can see in the pics i made up an engine stand and an extra motor with a supercharger with a standard cut hood, which can be installed in the car if the builder decides rather than the original intake, which in turn can go on the engine glued to the stand. Either way the supercharger and stand parts will be in a separate file so you have the option of building them or not. The windshield files will be separate also, I plan on vac-forming them. Also made up the original style rally wheel inserts for some wheel options. If you guys have any ideas of stuff to add to the scene or diorama please let me know and I'll add it, I estimate I am about a week away from starting the textures so need the ideas by then if you want them added.

Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2010, 10:16 AM

Wow ! lookin good Griz! I really like your attention to the details here and can't wait to see this in paper. Do you have any idea yet as to the parts count ?....wow, just noticed...keys hangin from the ignition...nice touch!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovin_Fusion View Post
Wow ! lookin good Griz! I really like your attention to the details here and can't wait to see this in paper. Do you have any idea yet as to the parts count ?....wow, just noticed...keys hangin from the ignition...nice touch!
Thanks Groovin_Fusion, trying to get some good detail in there, hopefully I'm not going overboard with it. I checked and so far I have 261 objects, keep in mind though that some of those objects have multiple separate pieces making them up so the count is over 261 by a good amount, yikes! didn't realize there were so many parts
Old 06-04-2010, 10:26 AM

Wow! This is one detailed model. Good work Grizley. When will this model be released???
And how about making a 1/6th scale one??
Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 PM

Can't wait to see some Vanilla builds.

Thanks again for posting progress pictures.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:06 PM

Thanks for the comments guys

@hvp, I'll have to think about making the model 1:6 scale. Right now it will be 1:12 scale at 17.5 inches long, we'll have to see how the test build at that scale goes.

Speaking of test build, I plan on starting the vanilla test build here this weekend. As far as a release, I can't give a definite date. Kind of one of those, it's done when it's done sort of things, I don't want to rush it. I believe the design is finally done, except for the shocks, which I just remembered. I started getting the base colors laid down so I can start the texturing process. I have been having a heck of a time trying to find a good houndstooth fabric pattern for the interior. Could use some help there if anyone happens to have a houndstooth texture. Next will be some pics of the test build. :D

Google Adsense