PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 10-20-2009, 06:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Civil War landing party w/boat howitzer

Hello,
this is a project I have been thinking of doing for a while, but do not know how. In the picture you will see the landing part with a Dahlgren boat howitzer. Each crewman has a bag/case that contains one round. In the stranded launch it was ideal to have 12 gunners for the howitzer, and 12 riflemen as artillery support/skirmishers, plus a couple of officers. I can make the boat howitzer but what do y'all think is the best way to do the figures. And At what scale. I want them being enough to show detail, but I have never done figures before. Any ideas.
(You will note that the figures in the drawing are reversed, with the #1 figure being on the left of the gun and the # 2 figure (waiting for a round) is on the right, backwards. So is the officer's saber and the round bags, so I guess the picture was accidentally reversed at some point)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg artillery_11540_lg.jpg (21.3 KB, 16 views)
Google Adsense
Old 10-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Corey,

I've never tried it but have you thought of using paper-mache? I think there's a thread on it at papermodelers. There's also a thread on paper casting, whatever that is (never read the thread :o). Other than that I guess cutouts printed on both sides would probably be best. imho 1:48 would be about right - 1:33 would be better :D.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Wont know til ya try!