PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 03-01-2022, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence Finston View Post
You may be right, but it is all learnable. One also would have to learn how to use a program for creating websites. I doubt that that would be easier and by learning HTML one would have a better understanding of how things work "under the hood".

Judging from the models people post about here, I would say most of the participants are technically-minded.

Before I retired my profession was computer programming and over the years I've learned several programming languages and various programming tools, software packages, operating systems, etc. And I did not study computer science or ever take any classes in programming. I can say from my experience that it is literally true that HTML and JavaScript are relatively simple compared to most if not all other programming languages and can be learned with a reasonable amount of effort.

If anyone prefers a different approach, I don't see any problem with that. I was just offering information or the benefit of my experience, if you will.

This is the complete code for a valid, simple webpage:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>

<head>
<title>A Rudimentary Webpage</title></title>
</head>

<body>
<font color="black">
<h1 align="center">
<a name="top"> A Rudimentary Webpage
</a>
</h1></font>

<h2 align="center">
<a name="Who_I_Am">
</a>
Who I Am
</h2>

<p>
I am a person who's selling paper models.
</p>

</body>
</html>

If you save it into the file ttemp.html in the directory /home/somebody/ or \home\somebody\ in Windows, you can load it into your browser by typing this in the line for the URL: file:///home/somebody/ttemp.html
I don't remember how the directory names in browsers are handled by Windows. One might have to try both variants. I think it's the same as with Unix (with slashes).

A tag like <p> for "paragraph" starts a unit of organization which ends with a similar tag including a slash, e.g., </p>.
Laurence, I'm a HTML programer and I have done web pages, and the problem are not the words, but the meaning. For example, I know that <title>A Rudimentary Webpage</title> means "open title" "put the title" "slash to close the title", but a lot of people doesn't think like this. As you say, everything can be learned. They just need patience and try, and try, and try.