PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 11-27-2022, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 811.25 MB
Need Help ith panel lines/Windows

Hello,

I'm designing a Boeing 2707 SST. I've made a 3d model in blender and used Pepakura 5 to make the templates for the fuselage and wings. I use Inkscape to draw on details such as windows and panel lines, but I can't figure out where to start or how to line up the windows from different sections.

If any of you more experienced builders can pitch in with some help, I would be grateful.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help ith panel lines/Windows-blender.jpg   Need Help ith panel lines/Windows-boeing-2707-300_01.jpg   Need Help ith panel lines/Windows-main.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-27-2022, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
My reccomendation would be to find the centreline (ie the top of the roof) and draw a guideline across all the fuselage sections first, perhaps followed by an 'equator' and some 45 deg guidelines too. That way you have an idea how a point on the edge of one section touches another. Inkscape has a useful 'measure length' tool which would come in handy for this, I believe it works on curved lines too- if you can measure the curved sides and then just divide the value to get the 1/2 and 1/4 points you will have some nice guidelines.

Placing the windows, paint blocks and panel lines could be done by projecting the edges out from the 3-view on to your 3D model, then measuring how far they are from the roof and replicating this distance in Inkscape. Unfortunately I don't know enough about Blender to tell you how this might be done, but it seems like powerful software that would allow for this possibility. Alternatively you might try stretching the texture from the 3-view over your parts as far as the semicircle that would be visible from one viewpoint and drawing over that.