PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Designers helping designers

Old 11-04-2023, 03:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
If the scale coefficients could be divided by one another giving the round number, I can use a shortcut as follows:

When I want to print 1:100 model prepared for printing on an A4 sheet in my preferred 1:300 scale, I often copy-paste the model thrice along the sheet and then thrice across, using some simple tools. Then, I get nine identical models on one A4 sheet, and they are in 1:300 scale.

If I have a 1:150 model, I can do the same copy-pasting it twice along and twice across the sheet, printing four of them on one A4 sheet, getting 1:300 final scale.

I can use the similar technique when rescaling between 1:72 and 1:100, because the square root of 2 is equal approx. 0,72 (and the same is a proportion of Width to Length dimensions of all the "A" series sheets). This time I can copy-paste two 1:72 sheets together, rotate them 90 degrees and then print them on A4, getting two models in 1:100 on one A4 sheet.
Attached Thumbnails
Scaling-img_20231104_105446.jpg