PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 10-25-2010, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Thanks for the new pics, I just keep coming back to them. The athmosphere in the dio is just plain wonderfull. Brilliant work.

Tappi
Old 10-25-2010, 03:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.92 MB
Lars

Lovely work, but I can't find the pigeons! I built the diorama in 2008; check out my post under 'Hafen Diorama' in Model Builds ships etc. A slightly different take, but I know how tricky the basic model was, so to continue as you did adding another subject takes skill, perseverence and stamina.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKBEW View Post
Lars

Lovely work, but I can't find the pigeons!
Please, I'm not Lars, but I would like to inform you that you find the pigeons on sheet 8 within part Sg7 and on the right side of former Sg5 ...

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried
Old 10-25-2010, 05:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
with your detail photos, my sense of amazement deepens. this is the coolest thing I've seen on the forum in a long time!

Wyvern
Old 10-25-2010, 06:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
That is an amazing diaroma. I really like what all you brought into it...ships...buildings...trains...vehicles...amazi ng! Truely superior workmanship!

Jeff
Google Adsense
Old 10-25-2010, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow! Outstanding diorama! Just loaded with interesting details, and all brought together with such a high level of craftsmanship! And at such a tiny scale! Bravo!

If you take some more shots, I would love to see some close-ups of the street vehicles.

Thanks for sharing a wonderful piece of work!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:48 AM

Outstanding!!!! Amazing!!!!
As I am looking at your pics, I feel that I am in your diorama...so realistic!

Congratulations!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:09 AM

@Tappi: I'm glad you like it.
I attached some more photos

@Mikbew: Well, i only used ONE pigeon (seagull?) but it is not so difficult to find. Take a look at my pics from yesterday (Harbour Scene 14), you should be able to see the bird
Your diorama is really nice too, i didn't see one yet displaying an accident in the harbour. As for the thread: If you used cotton threads, you can get them straight, if you use a brush+water and draw along the whole length of the thread. It straightens then all by itself.

@Wilfried: I think, Mikbew wanted to know where MY pigeons are
But thanks for the info where to find them in the kit.

@Wyvern: I feel honored, thank you!

@Jeff: Thank you, too! In the era of www, it's always great to see models from all around the world. It's easy to display them but i wonder how many gems are still "buried" in some dark cellar/cabinet waiting to be shown to the public

@Art Deco: Thanks, i uploaded some new pics with some close-ups of the vehicles.

@gkots: Thank you, well, it was my intent to show a rather realistic scene (although i was limited by space issues :D ). I tried several different ways to design the dike, until it finally matched my vision. Wilfried could tell you about it

As promised, here are some more pics, this time in sepia colour (just fitting the 1930s).
Have fun and if you have any more questions/comments, please keep them coming.
Attached Thumbnails
Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-20.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-21.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-22.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-23.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-24.jpg  

Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-25.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-26.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-27.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-28.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-29.jpg  

Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-30.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-31.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-32.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-33.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-34.jpg  

Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-35.jpg   Harbour Scene 1:250-harbour-scene-36.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Just stunning work Lars! All the scene is very nicely done, I wonder where one would even start on such a project! Do you have more info on the little tug, looks to be steam about 1910 or so?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 PM

The sepia tone shots are wonderful! I love the man working on the truck engine - nice touch of detail. Thanks for posting the shots!
Google Adsense