PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 07-25-2022, 09:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.61 MB
Interior House - Canon

When they released the Kitchen, I was like: Cute, maybe I'll build this... Then they released the Living Room, I had no doubt that the following kits and the current ones would make an large diorama, and was dying to make then since they released all of the kits. Besides the kitchen and the living room, there's an bedroom and a bathroom, including itens that make an small backyard. Probably will be may largest project, because I'll be making 4 kits one after another, they make 46 pages in total. The final size of this diorama will be 385mm(38,5 cm) x 547mm( 54,7 cm), almost an entire A2 sheet. I'm planning to make an base to hold all of the rooms plus the backyard. Hope everyone doesn't mind an long thread, because this will be an intense ride.....

Cheers,
Gregory.
Attached Thumbnails
Interior House - Canon-kit_overview.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-25-2022, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Sounds interesting, will be following along.
Old 07-26-2022, 08:55 AM

During yesterday, I built the walls of the kitchen as well some appliances, as shown on the photos. Next step is to build the various dishes that are included within the kit.

Cheers,
Gregory
Attached Thumbnails
Interior House - Canon-kitchen_walls.jpg   Interior House - Canon-fridge.jpg   Interior House - Canon-counter_toaster.jpg   Interior House - Canon-oven.jpg   Interior House - Canon-sink.jpg  

Interior House - Canon-cupboard.jpg  
Old 07-26-2022, 10:44 PM

1 of 4 done!!

Approximately an half hour ago, I finished building all the kitchen's furniture and itens included within the kit. Given that I plan to join all the rooms in a large base, I don't know if I should glue everything into the walls/floors, since later I'll need to glue the underside of each room's floors to the base I'm building, and during this manuever, things can fall from the floors if they're not well glued, what you guys think? Anyways, in the meantime, below are the photos of everything that I've built today. Tomorrow I will probably start the living room.

Cheers,
Gregory
Attached Thumbnails
Interior House - Canon-finished_cupboard.jpg   Interior House - Canon-pantry.jpg   Interior House - Canon-kitchen_cabinet.jpg   Interior House - Canon-table_-_chairs.jpg   Interior House - Canon-small_itens.jpg  

Old 07-27-2022, 07:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.86 MB
Hi, had to go look at the Cannon website to get a better look at the "house".
I think you should wait until you get the base ready, and then carefully glue
the accessories to the walls. After the rooms are glued together on the base.

But that depends on if you can get your hands into the rooms from the top.
Google Adsense
Old 07-28-2022, 09:09 AM

That's what I'm gonna do, I've decided this already after asking about this here... I'm don't wanna have the risk of things falling of the rooms when gluing them to my base, plus it will be easier to press onto the floors to confirm the gluing since the rooms will be empty in the beggining. Yesterday,I built the living room walls and today, I will make all the furniture/itens included on this kit...

Cheers,
Gregory
Attached Thumbnails
Interior House - Canon-living_room_walls.jpg  
Old 07-29-2022, 09:15 AM

2 of 4... Done!!

Yesterday, I spent the day building all of the living room furniture/itens. It was relatively easy to follow, without any headaches except while building the walls, since I faced fitting issues within all of the walls here, I had to print those walls multiple times because evey time I printed and tried again, it walways went wrong, but after a few retries, I managed to finish the walls properly. Below are the photos for the furniture/itens from the living room kit. Today I'll be starting the 3rd kit, the bedroom. See you soon for the next update.

Cheers,
Gregory
Attached Thumbnails
Interior House - Canon-stairs_and_sideboard.jpg   Interior House - Canon-sconces_and_bookshelf.jpg   Interior House - Canon-books.jpg   Interior House - Canon-table-clock_and_clockshelf.jpg   Interior House - Canon-vinyl_shelf-vinyls_and_sofa.jpg  

Interior House - Canon-vinyl_player-portrait_and_flower-plant_vase.jpg  
Old 07-31-2022, 12:10 PM

3 of 4, Done!!!

This one took longer than expected because of a few reasons:

I discovered from experience that rushing the building of models often leads to disaster... And I've praticing the habit of slowly going through the steps of an given model construction... But, even though I keep trying to master this behavior, on time or another, I sabotage myself and again, I rush through an entire step... Having said that, I rushed the construction of the walls so bad that the result was awful. I had to start from scratch, meaning that I had to print again all the wall/beam pieces again(7 pages, 70% of the kit)... But on this second attempt, I slowed down and went through each step, 1 at a time, giving time to each gluing dry properly. And this time the result was much, much better as you can see on the first image. The other ones are the contents included in this room. Today I'll start the last room, the bathroom, but not the last phase, as the last phase will be to glue each room's content into the proper places(given that the rooms are already attached to the base) including the garden content that is included in the bathroom kit.

Cheers,
Gregory
Attached Thumbnails
Interior House - Canon-bedroom_walls.jpg   Interior House - Canon-2.-sconce-bookshelf_-_stairs.jpg   Interior House - Canon-3.-books.jpg   Interior House - Canon-4.-bed_-_stairs.jpg   Interior House - Canon-5.-clothes-rack_-_desk.jpg  

Interior House - Canon-6.-mirror-mailbox-hat-desk-organizer-desk-lamp-bottle_-chair.jpg   Interior House - Canon-7.-plant-shoes-cat_-_cat_bed.jpg  
Old 07-31-2022, 12:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
A great project! I have enjoyed watching your little house take shape.
Don
Old 08-02-2022, 05:08 PM

4 of 4, done!!!

Finished building the contents of the bathroom/garden yesterday. Today, first I started to make the final touches on the base, it's almost done, then after I will proceed to glue the rooms and their contents, one room at a time. Building the walls this time were easier, since the shape was an rectangle, so no issues arised. Didn't took photos of each item/furniture because there was not many itens, so it was possible to show them in one photo. Can't wait to share the final result with everyone.

Cheers,
Gregory
Attached Thumbnails
Interior House - Canon-bathroom_walls.jpg   Interior House - Canon-bathroom-furniture_items.jpg   Interior House - Canon-garden_itens.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
bathroom, bedroom, house, kitchen, living