PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Diorama

Old 10-15-2009, 07:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Deck chairs - the universal fighter accessory
Old 10-15-2009, 07:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Just Google 2nd TAF plenty of stuff should come up or tell me the sort of thing your looking for,I risked losing the house to buy Chris Shores series of books,still have them hidden from Ashley! so I can provide loads of reference.Wing Commander James Edgar Johnson is his full name wing man to Douglas Bader led the 144 Canadian Wing and was the RAF's(official) highest scorer finished his Carree as Air Vice Marshal passed away in 2005 aged 85, stick any of that in a search engine and you should get something useful
Old 10-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.06 GB
Pete, you sneaky so and so, fancy posting a new model while i'm at work:p. She's looking up to your usual high standards:D and doing the diorama will just about make it perfect. Looking forward to more.
Best wishes
Mick
Old 10-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Just Google 2nd TAF plenty of stuff should come up or tell me the sort of thing your looking for,I risked losing the house to buy Chris Shores series of books,still have them hidden from Ashley! so I can provide loads of reference.Wing Commander James Edgar Johnson is his full name wing man to Douglas Bader led the 144 Canadian Wing and was the RAF's(official) highest scorer finished his Carree as Air Vice Marshal passed away in 2005 aged 85, stick any of that in a search engine and you should get something useful
Hiya mate. I did some of that and like you say a plethora of information Thanks. I will let Ash know they're under the floorboards :D you really go for it when you want something mate that's for sure. I did some work to the Spitfire, but have to wait for batteries to recharge then will post the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyfe View Post
Pete, you sneaky so and so, fancy posting a new model while i'm at work:p. She's looking up to your usual high standards:D and doing the diorama will just about make it perfect. Looking forward to more.
Best wishes
Mick
Hi Mick... umm and there's the F1 thread i'm working on at the same time :D Glad you like this so far, but a long way to go yet - all fired up with all the excellent ideas the guys have put here for me thus far... If i can fit it all in it should look pretty cool I hope not to let anyone down. More pics later when the batteries have recharged.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:41 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do here. 1/72 is my preferred scale, but my bases are barely big enough to contain the airplane itself. I did include a 55 gal fuel drum with a hand pump in one of my displays, but that hardly qualifies as a diorama. I'll be watching with interest.
Google Adsense
Old 10-15-2009, 08:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Looking good, some great ideas too, anxious to see how it 's getting along.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do here. 1/72 is my preferred scale, but my bases are barely big enough to contain the airplane itself. I did include a 55 gal fuel drum with a hand pump in one of my displays, but that hardly qualifies as a diorama. I'll be watching with interest.
I am also looking forward to making this - a diorama is a whole new ball game for me - I just hope i can please you guys. 1:72 scale is just right for this project, so should get quite a lot of details into a small'ish area

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDRTED View Post
Looking good, some great ideas too, anxious to see how it 's getting along.
Thanks friend.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Forum Helper

Hi guys. Well, i thought i had a few pictures to show the build in the usual fashion, but the memory card seems to have corrupted most of them so i will post what i have got - the Spitfire is now COMPLETE and i can move on to the next stage - The Tower, which i should be able to start building this weekend, there's not many parts to that, so probably a few hours work - a few piccys if the card will allow and post here. Hope you like the Spitfire guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Spitfire Mk IX-dscf1300.jpg   Spitfire Mk IX-dscf1302.jpg  
Old 10-16-2009, 05:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Hi Pete looking really good,Johnny would be proud in fact here's the man himself again finishing of a pork pie in your honour.Nice job Mate very nice job.
Attached Thumbnails
Spitfire Mk IX-jej.jpg  
Old 10-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Hi Pete looking really good,Johnny would be proud in fact here's the man himself again finishing of a pork pie in your honour.Nice job Mate very nice job.
Hey, thanks Phil really pleased you like her and thanks again for those kind words. I can have some great fun with all the rest to come
Google Adsense