PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > eric_son's Projects

Old 08-09-2012, 12:42 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I did a little research on T6 + CP, and found that it was flown by Lt Hubert Polz out of Tmimi Libya. The group designation was 6./StG 2 (6 Staffel III Grupe Sturzkampfgeschwader 2). It's possible that only 1 side of the aircraft had the snake decoration - there's only a couple of photos of the plane, and each are of the port side. If you scroll about halfway down the page of this link Asisbiz history section Luftwaffe Unit Sturzkampfgeschwader 2 you'll find the squadron insignia of the 6./StG 2. Looks like a mounted black knight on a yellow field. Maybe you can use it in some way.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Eric my friend, I'm delighted my humble display suggestion has found favour with you.
I very much look forward to seeing the final result you achieve, and have no doubt at all it will be very fine indeed as both model and art.

I wish you every success with this Hs.132 and every model you design and produce.

Kind and Respectful Regards Eric my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.19 MB
Oh my, this plane is jinxed! In my first post, I narrated a story where I completed the first beta build then suffer an HDD crash afterward.
WELL guess what!
This time, my motherboard died on me as I was working on the textures.
I quitely working then I heard this Buzzzz sound from the speakers.
Then all the USB peripherals went offline. And the PC froze.
I did a hard reset, and immediately went to the BIOS to see if my procie overheated or something. But the BIOS shows everything was healthy. Then before I can reboot, the PC dies again. Hitting the power button this time around would make the Power LED go on, and the HDD led blink for a bit, then all woud die. It was as if you were using a defibrilator on a patient...who would seem to recover but die later.
I figured the mobo had died. I'm sure the procie, ram and HDDs are okay (knock on wood for the HDD). Unfortunately, my system is an LG775 based system. LG775 based mobos are now no longer on sale. No choice but to get a new procie, mobo, ram, and HDD. (I need to get a new HDD since my current ones are already filled to the brim. I'd need to install an OS, and I don't want to reformat my HDD for fear of losing my work.

Since this was an emergency purchase, I did very little in term of research. I just paid a visit to my usual PC HW sites (toms hw and hardocp) and did a quick list.

CPU, RAM and HDD purchase went well. Unfortunately, the local stores only had uATX motherboards! Damn! I hate working with cramped uATX boards. The store owner was more than willing to get normal sized mobos from the supplier, but I'd have to wait a week. I can't wait a week. I settled for a uATX mobo. It only had 4 sata ports, fine. I have 3hdds plus one new one and a sata DVDRW drive. I'd probably sacrifice one of my smaller HDDs once i've sucked the contents out of it.

As I was unpacking my motherboard, I saw a pair of really cool looking SATA cables with L-Shaped plugs. I said to myself, hey... this would be nice for cable routing.
I proceeded to re-seat new motherboard to my case. I then proceeded to re-plug the old SATA cables. Then I tried to plug my video biggish video card. It wouldn't go in! It frikkin won't go in! It was then that I realized that the plugs on my SATA port were getting squished by the HSF of the video card. SO that's what those L-SHAPED sata plugs were for. I unpacked them and installed ... and I was good to go. Unfortunately, there were only two of them. So one goes to the DVDRW and another to the HDD....and that leaves out my 3 existing HDD, which now I have no easy way of retrieving data from.

The only way I can think of was to finish installing Windows, and all the drivers. Then disconnect the DVDRW, and plug in one of my old HDD to retrieve the data.
Once I've pulled all the data, I'd swap another HDD and repeat the process. Very tedious but unless I can find another one of those L-shaped SATA plugs, I'm pretty much out of options. Besides, I'm itching to find out if my data is still intact.

Now, I'm at the install 1 piece of driver and reboot, and another driver and reboot, and another, and reboot, ad nauseam stage of the windows installation. I figure I still have 3 more hours to go before I find out if my HS132 design is still intact (not to mention the 1000's of family pictures).

Sigh... I have cloud backups of all my other models...but I failed to do one for the HS132.

Wish me luck... I hope everthing's still intact.

Well.. there's a big chance it's still intact since it was only the motherboard that got fried (unless the mobo was intelligent enough to send an EMP shockwave to my HDD as a parting gift..).

Eric.

Crossing my fingers....

Last edited by eric_son; 08-13-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Eric My Friend I wish you every positive success in retrieving all your data, along with the Hs.132 data.
Computer issues are a curse at any time, but I'm glad the HDDs seem to have remained intact, complete with the data stored thereon.

I wish you every success in establishing your new system Eric my friend.

Kind and Respectful Regards Eric My Friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Been there, done that, didn't even get a T-Shirt..........

Man I'm sorry.

Just an idea, check out ebay or anywhere you are comfortable and snag a couple of external HD cases for your extra drives. Either that or look into installing an SATA card for more ports.

Fingers crossed on files! Good luck.

john

My Drawings
Google Adsense
Old 08-13-2012, 08:08 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Keeping my fingers crossed. I don't have any idea what all that stuff you were talking about means, but I can tell from the desperate tone that it ain't good. I hope you emerge from this intact.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:25 AM

hahaha!! Phew!
The files are intact!
I'm still far from fully operational. In fact, windows told me I have 300MB+ worth of updates I need to download.
Plus, I've yet to install Meta, Pepa, Mail readers, Steam, and a whole lot of other apps I use.
But the good thing is that the files are intact!

Once I finish copying this last HDD, I'll go to bed.

Thanks for the crossing your fingers! Mine were already sore.

Oh..before I forget, I'll sync my files to Googledocs and Skydrive and Dropbox! Better safe than sorry.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Eric, I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am for you. Having all your files disappear can be heart wrenching to say the least. I had that happen when I was in Korea in '06. I lost everything. I had to start from scratch and that computer still didn't act right.

Best of luck to you on finishing this masterpiece.

Jeff
Old 08-19-2012, 05:41 PM

Almost back online... :)

I'm almost ready to continue working.
I just finished re-installing Metaseq, Pepakura and Inkscape this morning.

I can't believe I spent the whole week (2-3 hours a day) just to get Windows7 up-to-date by downloading and installing all those patches and SP1. This is weird. Windows made me download and install all 118 patches. Afterwards, it made me download and install SP1. Isn't SP1 supposed to have included all those early patches?
Anyway, after SP1, I had to go and download another 50+ patches, the last one of which I finished yesterday.

Then there's my Steam game library, which I managed to restore from my old HDD. At first steam threw a fit saying that I had to re-download all 260GB of my steam games. I had to stop all downloads and make steam re-verify my local game files. Thankfully, Steam came to its senses and recognized my restored game files, saving me 260GB of download woes.

Now back to business. Once I finish re-organizing the files I backed up, I'll resume work.

I'm really itching to get started with the beta build.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:41 PM

Trully sorry for the lack of updates.

Anyway, I really appreciate everybody's input on the snake textures. But due to the delays brought about by the unexpected "upgrade" I had to do the last couple of weeks, I have decided to stick to the current textures. I'm already itching to do my first build.

Perhaps I'll revisit the textures later after the first build.

I'm done with the Pepakura unfolds. Here's how it looks like:

And for the joining strips, I saved a copy of the unfold above to a different file. I added Pepakura glue strips to the edges.
Afterwards, I'll export this to PDF. Then import to Inkscape for refinement.

I'll get the test build started once I finish working on these joining strips.
Google Adsense

Tags
henschel, hs-132, luft46