PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 04-02-2009, 09:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle Elf Warrior

Hi All,

After working most of the morning on putting together 12 tiny pulleys for the PC 553 flag hoists I found myself a tad bit burnt from itty bitty things but still wanting to do some model work. My last order from the Paper Model shop came a few days ago and included with it as Krys does do for regular customers, I discovered a bonus in the package, the Linage II: The Chaotic Chronicles MPROG Elf Warrior figure. While I will admit to more than a few 1/16th scale Military Figure kits in the past, I had no idea that something like this was around.

While I would ordinarily be thinking more in terms of WWII figures, I never look a gift horse in the mouth as it were. She is a pretty big gal for an elf at 22 inches tall for the finished model and assembling her is not that difficult even for a ham fisted type such as myself. So far I have managed to put her arms, hands, sword and what I have been told are elbow guards together. As you can tell by this picture of my progress so far compared to the PC 553 she is gonna be a big 'un.

Checking around the web I found the gamesite which is now around 4 years old and still going strong. This is supposed to be one of more characters coming from NC Soft so she may have some company in the future. One of the Dark Elf Princess would be happening.
Google Adsense
Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 PM

This is cool! You got that one free too! The arms look hilarious next to your ship :D
Old 04-02-2009, 10:07 PM

This publisher also made a human male warrior. These are long out of print and difficult to come by in the U.S. They were originally a promo for the online game (which, while still going, is nowhere near as strong as a couple years ago.) I played the game for a 2-3 years when it started but drifted to others as time went by. The models are out of the ordinary in that all the pieces are die cut - all you need to do is free them from the sheet. I have one of these also, through Krys' generosity, and will have to build it one day (even though my character was a dwarf.) Nasty elves!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:24 PM

I was checking Krys' site and he has this one listed but none of the others. I also spotted one of these on E Bay as well so they are still out there.

I do like the die cut parts, there are a couple that the instructions tell you that you have to make a couple of scissor cuts in but nothing too difficult. This one has hair that you can trim, the intsructions give you a couple of suggestions, but not being into hair styling, she is gonna come out like the picture. Being a "blade buff" myself, I like the sword, looks like something that Gil Hibben or Kit Rae would come up with.

And yes, she sure does dwarf the 1/200 scale ship model!:D
Old 04-03-2009, 05:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Built this one myself. Nice diversion and most everything fit well. The hair style in the picture does not fit quite as nicely as the other one offered (the one with bangs).

Greg
Google Adsense
Old 04-10-2009, 08:17 PM

Hi All,

Despite being excessively lazy this weekend, I have been working at the figure a bit. I still have to make the head and the shield for her, but she is coming right along. I am amazed at the number of parts required to assemble her this far, but then she is a big lass for an elf. The face and head are not die cut, you have to cut them out on your own for some reason, I suppose the machine died or something at the publishers. The base is pretty cool, it is four outer parts with four more inside that support the top being glued to the sides as well as the top and each other.

As a side note, I placed another order with Krys last payday and in his usual style and speed I got it last Wednesday. Inside was another one of these kits, the same one as well as another calendar. So now I will have a pair of them. I am trying to figure out how to turn the other one out as a "leftie" switching sword and shield in her hands. While not heavy duty enough to serve as bookends, I am considering using them as guards for my knife collection.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Looks good so far! Yours seems to stand a little differently than mine. Not sure why.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle Elf Warrior-dscn0660.jpg  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:42 AM

Wow, Jay, that sexy figurine inspires me to build one!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanks Guys,

Mike, I did modify her stance a little bit. Wanted her to look a little different than all the other ones out there. The kit goes together very easily and things do fit well. I am considering modifying the second one a bit further by changing her hands around so that she is carrying her sword in her left hand and shield in the right. I figure reversing a copy of the scanned parts in the 'puter should do the trick.

Yu, I am told that the 3D website is in Thailand, it is all in Thai so if you can work your way through that, perhaps you can order one direct from them, it would be a lot closer to you than ordering one from here in the States, probably cheaper to boot. I have a Thai neighbor that I am going to enlist in hopes of getting more of the various figures they have for this saga.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:16 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
actually it is Korea, and in Korean

::: 3DPAPER :::
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense