PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 05-27-2015, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Cool! Over 800 views before I've got to the boobs, and now I've attracted the designer too.

Hi Mike. I hope my damaged hands can do justice to your model, but it will probably progress very slowly. There are many other household chores that call on my time during the periods that the pain is reduced by Beta Blockers, but I can only take three a day ... ie: one every eight hours, but they are only effective for five hours, and modelling is mostly carried out in the undrugged periods.

I am beginning to accept that the damage may be a semi-permanent thing that may take a few years to subside and is unlikely to ever completely return to normal. However, I refuse to wait that long before resuming my passion for paper modelling, even if I do have to lay aside my previous habit of miniaturising things for a while.

I've been keeping my hands busy with simple toys, and even indulged in the occasional Cubee, , but this is the first serious construction I've attempted for quite a while now. There are a few shelved attempts hiding behind my chair, but I will get back to them. I just hope that Jess isn't forced to join them.

I'm enjoying watching Sunto's builds of your Smurfs (plenty more to go yet, eh?), but although they are excellent designs, Smurfs are not big in my heart. I have a much bigger leaning towards old style Disney characters, but then I am in my 70's ... reminiscing and fondly remembering my lost youth. Jess however, was just too irresistible.

Keep tuning in here though Mike. I may well have a few "Where does this go?" or "How the Hell ...?" questions to feed you.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
John you're doing a good job on this. I know how the pain goes, I have been going slow on my own because of a pinched nerve in my neck that makes my left arm/hand either tingle or hurt like the blazes.
I have 4 large models that I'm working on. No idea where I'm going to put them. I'm working on the full scale Sun Elementalist, that I posted here someplace; Buzz Lightyear by Elsocraft, Julius Perdana's Optimus Prime (4' tall) and his Optimus Prime Age of Extinction (scaling it up to roughly match the original). No idea where they are going yet.

Last edited by rewalston; 05-27-2015 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added content
Old 05-27-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewalston View Post
I'm working on the full scale Sun Elementalist
D'ya mean this one Rusty? ....

Respect man. I did download it, but I wouldn't dare. I'd have to build her out in the shed. I've got two duff hands and two duff feet, but I'm not going that big! Where the heck can you put it?

I take it there's no little woman in your place? I don't doubt that I'll get a few clips round the ear when Jess gets a bit bigger, but she's worth the risk.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
LMAO, yes John that's the one.. the person who released it made two sets. One was reworked to fit on letter paper (did a rather poor job too..pieces merged incorrectly or missing) it comes out to 4 ft tall. The pdo file is set to 11x17 'ish' with everything where it's supposed to be. When that one is complete it's 5ft5in tall. I'm rebuilding it once I get the paper for it.
Oh yeah I have a wife and it's built for her (believe it or not).

Attached are my 4ft version. I didn't realize until it was being built, but I re-used some card that was printed on the other side (the prints screwed up...they are parts from Optimus Prime lol).
Rusty
Attached Thumbnails
Jessica-10845838_870389156314884_7867774199072325707_o.jpg   Jessica-10922266_868887576465042_6224607281276497639_o.jpg  
Old 05-27-2015, 05:06 PM

I downloaded it from the Klikpaper Blogspot some years back now. I have the .pdo and a full set of .jpgs archived. The .jpg files being so much easier to edit. I've never actually printed it out, so I can't be sure of the resultant size. Of course, printing it 'to fit page' on A3 card would produce a real Amazon I'm sure.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:54 AM

View count gorn over the 1,000 now. I wonder if Jess ever knew she was so popular? Personally, I fell head over heels in love with Snow White ... way, way, back when the film was first released in UK. I remember I had to get a bus into Town to see it, as it was far too expensive for our local flea pit to host it.

I was pretty loyal too ... none of the later Disney Princesses stole my heart ... but then came "Who Killed Roger Rabbit?" ... WOW ! Now that's what ya call a 'Toon, eh boys? Very few 'toons ever had chins, but this one's even got cheek bones (among other things of course).

Little bit more progress today ... Slowly, slowly, and we'll get there.

Much use of the tweezers and surgical clamps to get these parts to lay right, but I can see from the photo, I'm gonna have to burnish the folds and seams quite a bit to induce better curvatures before I go on too far. I only hope my fingers will grip the tools OK to do it.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:03 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
You're doing fine.

Keep it up!

As for the klik paper model. Build it. You have space - keep it in the bedroom!
Old 05-28-2015, 01:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Johnny:
You might think about building up the handles of the tools with the old stand by of closed cell foam and duct tape to give you something bigger to hold on to.
Keep going and good luck ,
Miles
is it going to be 2 to 3 foot high?
Old 05-28-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Dear Johnny:
You might think about building up the handles of the tools with the old stand by of closed cell foam and duct tape to give you something bigger to hold on to.
Keep going and good luck ,
Miles
is it going to be 2 to 3 foot high?
Good idea Miles. Similar to the tools I have to use to eat ...

Not too sure how big she's gonna be yet as I don't know how high the original was, (Papermike?) but the A3 size body will be about twice the size.

Kevin ... No way mate. The bedroom is her domain ... there are literally hundreds of stuffed soft toys in there. I consider myself lucky there's still room for me.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:47 AM

Slow progress ... but progress ...

Nothing dramatic to report. Just follow the fold lines on the blank to get the lay,
Then ignore them all and just pull the tabs into position to form the curves,
with a little bit of burnishing on any peaks that develop.

Ready for your close-up Ms Rabbit? "Oh no, no, no. He haven't done my hair yet"