PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 02-07-2011, 12:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to SEBRET
With all due respect to the people that have, and will post in this thread, I must let slip the following words

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

My words are not meant to inflame any wars of passion and morality, nor are they meant to show special interests and support for any community involved in this discussion.

I'll Start off by saying what needs to be said and hope that some of you will here me out completely before dismissing this post.

/po/ = The Pot Smoking D!&%$
It's no stretch of the truth to say that /po/ is full of what some would refer to as scum. That's obviously how they and their sister boards are comfortable with operating. I've mentioned it a couple of times before, but i'll repeat again that I have frequented that place for years and feel that my opinions, while biased, do hold some weight. Realistically though, it's a hard fact that a relatively large member base exist in the neutral zone between /po/, PM, and Zealot. I think denying this is foolish.

Zealot = The Conservative Old Farts
Being my first civilized source for modeling, zealot will always hold a special place in my book. I will admit that the name is quite fitting given their strong, and almost radical watch over pirates, who would have their way on eBay otherwise, and their verbal persecution of /po/ and any affiliating entities. I've always viewed zealot as the Norbert to /po/'s Daggett.

PM = The Protestant Runaways
A result of both excess power tripping and youthful rebellion. All good things end, and it was only a matter of time before someone wanted to do things differently. For those of you who were there for D-day (more like D-month), you can understand what a relief it is to see zealot and PM walk hand in hand they way they do today. While it's inhabitants tend to be more relaxed and open then their zealot brethren, I don't consider PM to be a middle ground, so much as I do the red headed step child of the group.

PR = Robin Hood and his merry men
So the tittle may be a stretch, but it feels right to me. Jules has has become a very respected artist and one of my personal favorites in the designer pile. Now that his sight has become a popular collection point for other great designers, he has given many other models the much needed attention they deserve, helping to further the cause for many budding designers.

JP = The Obnoxious Elite
I would bow before the skill displayed there just as anyone else would, but the attitude of its members has always left a sour taste in my mouth. We all know about the pedestal they have raised themselves up on.

MrBig,
Like everyone else here, I greatly appreciate your efforts, and look forward to your builds. It's pleasing to know that membership to such a respected community is now one step easier to achieve.

Oriod01,
I agree with most of your points. You know as well as I do that /po/ is what it is and always will be. I hate pulling out a rather cliche statement, but "where there is light there is dark". I believe that /po/ is that "chaotic Neutral" that puts things into perspective for us modelers, and allows us to appreciate the more civilized communities. If /po/ stopped existing, I can assure you it would not be long before the community assigned the tittle of "least civilized group" to someone else. Be glad that it is in fact /po/ who causes the problems. I would hate to see the results, if for instance /b/ decided to get involved. I fear that this community would barely survive that kind of onslaught.

I would never wish for the end of any of these modeling outlets. Together they have brought me to the point I am today as a modeler, and I will continue to use them all to further my knowledge and experience of the hobby.

P.S. It's 12:30 in the morning and I'm extremely tired, so i apologize for any spelling or grammatical issues. I try to be a fair bystander so i can become rather hypocritical at times. I just want all the debatable options to be considered in these types of discussions.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 PM

amazing model, one of the cleanest i'he ever seen, coul you post a complete photo of the model with accesories (the hammer) if you havei t?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
안녕하세요 Mr.Big

I was amazed at looking at your model! It sure is impressive!

I also peeked into Just Paper, and, regardless of joining in it, I am checking out those great Gundam models.

감사합니다!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:20 AM

Beautiful model!!
I tried joining in Just Paper but i fail =/
i want buy some models from Just Paper!!
Im from Brazil, is possible?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:05 AM

that site (justpape) sell paper models?
Google Adsense
Old 04-05-2011, 01:38 PM

wonderfull. I'ts the first time I see the head!!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:45 AM

Hi Mr BIG,

I ran into the cafe naver registration process without any trouble except trying to translate Korean to French :-P

I have now a naver account, but it looks like I steel need to register to Just Paper, can you please help me ?

I'm really in love with your community models (especially with this one that I really want to build by myself).

Can you show me the way to have Just Paper models on my hard drive ?

I trully understand the feeling of a despoiled designer, so be sure that no models will be shared by me

Thanks ;-)
Old 01-17-2014, 07:07 PM

just paper have tons of great paper model, but I can download it from there,
is anyone can help me, how to download from that site..
thank you