PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Figurines and Anime

Old 09-08-2009, 11:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.73 MB
GaoGaiGar from Just Paper 50%

Hello from small Korean papermodel community called Just Paper
Just paper<Á¾À̸ðÇü> :: ³×À̹ö Ä«Æä

I am Mr.Big, assistant manager at Just Paper. (also known as 1randyc at Zealot.com)
Previously, Just Paper have been oriented only for handful Korean diehard paper modelers. The manager and the owner of Just Paper, Golden Glue decided it is time to open up the cafe globally. I would love to invite anyone who's interested joining Just Paper, but the process of joining is far from non-Korean spearkers friendly. The board/forum/blog community service is provided by Naver and they called this Cafe.
In order to join the cafe you must first sign up with Naver and this is sort of next to impossible if you do not read Korean. Naver also put mobile phone text message verification, part of the registration process that is quite pain in the ass.
There is a guide provided below for Naver.com registration here:
Register Quide for Naver.com by ~Koreanclub on deviantART ,but this seem to be outdated somewhat.

I will try to provide help for those who are interested in joining Just Paper but it may take a while for me to help you individually. Hopefully soon I can start making FAQ or How-to so that you can enjoy some excellent Just Paper paper models.

Anyway.. Here is what's hot at Just Paper. GoldenGlue finally outdone himself and turned GaoGaiGar into a paper model. You will not believe the quality of this model. The sheer massive size of 60cm leaves quite an impression if you see it in person. I love building large scale models hence my choice of nickname is Mr.Big and I have advised GolenGlue to make it as big as possible. My thought was that it is much easier for you to scale down then scale up the models. As expected the basic form of 60Cm original size model gets laid down on head spinning 80pages of A4 size papers. You can easily choose to scale it down to 2pages or 4pages in one to still make a good sized models but I highly recommend you to go with the original size. GaoGaiGar head part had been already released to get you started and soon Golden Glue will put out rest of the GaoGiaGar part. He has also already finished designing Dividing driver, and massive Goldion Hammar as well as the Ultec engine. If this isn't enough, he has plan to make GaoFighGar and awesome Genesic GaoGaiGar as well.

My test version is completed about 50% and here are the photos.
I have used pearl type colored stocks and working with back side of the printed lay-out to produce ultra clean neat, line-less model build.
I will be utilizing some neodium magnets to make arms movable.
Hope that all of you can get a chance to make this awesome model.

I will drop by time and time to give you updates on this as well as other projects and noteworthy stuff.

"Final Fusion!!"

Photos of Head part completion a while ago:

Google Adsense
Old 09-08-2009, 11:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.73 MB
The rest ^^;

Old 09-09-2009, 01:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Very impressive. I love the lines and details.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Very, very nice. Wow!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:40 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Excellent! Stev0 had the same initial response as I did - very clean lines. I'm also curious what type of paper you're using to give it that matte/sheen look.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense
Old 09-09-2009, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.95 MB
Mr Big, welcome to papermodelers! Thank you and Golden Glue for opening up the registration to Just Paper to the world!

You might recognize my name from PPX and the Z forum. I have tried many times to join Just Paper but could not do so because of the lack of being able to translate much of the pages through Google.

When you have the opportunity, I would like to join Just Paper! Please! The quality of paper models from Just Paper is OUTSTANDING!

Your GaoGaiGar is just another example of the quality of work that I can't wait to see with my own eyes!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.95 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmags View Post
Excellent! Stev0 had the same initial response as I did - very clean lines. I'm also curious what type of paper you're using to give it that matte/sheen look.
cmags-I have some of that paper that I found over at Office Depot. If I remember right, it was made by Wausau Paper, (but don't quote me there)Not real cheap, but well worth the price. Pearlescent is the tag line on the front cover sheet. You get about 10 sheets in the pack. It is standard paper on one side, and the pearlescent on the other. The pearlescent side has a kind of plastic film on it that is kind of a bugger to fold. Here is a picture of a model I haven't finished yet that I used this stuff on.
Attached Thumbnails
GaoGaiGar from Just Paper  50%-03312009-001.jpg  
Old 09-09-2009, 08:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
In one word,

Beautimus!!!

On both accounts, GGG and Just Paper

G1
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Awesome! I thought that the lion head was a plastic placeholder until I got to the closeup pics.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.15 MB
Fantastic, getter1 got me into this series a while back, great to see it and a new place for paper modellers to hide :D
Google Adsense