PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 06-19-2011, 12:46 PM

Location: Pennsylvania, USA, one state away from Almost Heaven.
Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nunn View Post
Sorry for the information overload the best thing to do is build the models and don't let all this technical stuff get in the way of your building. just have fun
But Jim, the technical stuff is WHY I got interested in the first place! That and it is a hell of alot cheaper than most other hobbies with the required technical nature :-) Thanks for the tips... spray glue, Future wax (guys used to cheat at shining their boots in the army using that stuff, so i am familiar with its properties), and sample sheets of paper. There is a Joaane Fabircs near my house, I will tyr there, they ought to have everything I need.

As for modelperry, you mention using lighter paper to roll tighter rolls, and I smacked my head.. that makes perfect sense! I also saw someone mentioned in another thread to use Q tips where barrels and other such cylinders are needed.

I am going out shopping tonight, I only have a few bucks, but I plan to go into my next model much better prepared!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:49 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Karl,

When you are at Joanne's check the wedding section, they will have a do it yourself candy making section, and there they will have bags for about $2 for 200 paper lollipop sticks

they are paper, and you can trim them down to size by slicing into the layers and peel them back to the diameter you need

something else to look for

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-19-2011, 06:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl.k.warner View Post
I need some advice on the next model after that though: I am looking for a model of US Army armor from World War II or later, preferably a Sherman or Patton, which has directions for building it. I also want it to be a bit larger than the 1/48 scale I did on this combat car. The most important thing is the details though. I see mind blowingly detailed road wheels and drive sprockets and even hatch hinges on some of the models in these forums... THAT is what I want to do. I am willing to pay a *little bit* for the next one... Any suggestions?

What do you say, gentlemen?
A good place to look for some interesting armor subjects that fall into the catagory that you are looking would be: WWW.bestpapermodels.com They offer quite a few models in 1:35 scale that are a step up in detail but not too complicated or expensive either. I don't know if they come with instructions as I have never build one myself, But they do look really nice.