PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Did some checking at some Amazon.com sites for the UK and other European countries and not one of them lists the Fiskars Softgrip ergonomic craft knife. They do list the round one with the softgrip band.

There is a place in the US that will ship internationally, but the shipping would probably far exceed the price of the knife.
Fiskars 12-6700 Ergonomic Craft Knife - Widget Supply
Price: $4.29 (6+ $3.86)USD

Did some more checking and found a listing on Ebay.co.uk
Fiskars Ergonomic SoftGrip Comfort/Precision Xacto Knife Blue w/ Orange Cap NIP | eBay
Price: US $5.49 (Approximately £3.27), shipped from Wisconsin, USA for US $3.23 (approx. £1.92).
You are right, from Widgetsupply the shipping cost is about twice the price of the knife itself. From ebay the shipping cost is reasonable though, I guess I'll eventually buy it. I want to give the rounded one that I got a try first.

Still don't understand why the Fiscars US website sells both knives but Fiscars UK only the rounded .

Eloy
Old 01-26-2015, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 825.29 MB
I have been using a scalpel handle and scalpel blades for better than 40 years now. The #11 blade is the same as a #11 Xacto. You can get them in ridge back or standard as well as other style blades at most medical supply places, and Squadron Mail Order sells them in their Squadron Products line. As an added plus, they don't roll off the table.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
i use swanmorton scalpel handel and blades as well, used the short flat one for ages and then got there hexagnal one as a spare and use it all the time now fined there #11p blades good