PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 06-04-2009, 06:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Smile Help needed please :)

What is going to be the best glue to use? Ive heard UHU can be good but can be stringy which is one of the downsides to using it? Also recommended was wood glue as it can be applied using toothpicks etc and it also sets clear? What does everyone else suggest?
Google Adsense
Old 06-04-2009, 06:56 AM

I use a few different glues. Overall I like Uhu Kleber clear tube glue. But it is hard to find. Mostly I use Devcon Weldit. I buy that at Ace Hardware. It is a clear glue and not very stringy. Perhaps I use this for 75% of glue needs. I have used also Duco but it sticks not as quickly but it is okay.

I use also some DAP Contact/Impact Cement. It can be messy, but for parts that have tensions, it is the best as you do not have to hold the joint.

Aleene's has many types of clear and white water-base glue. I like the Fast Grab Tacky Glue. I use that to fix tiny little parts like an antenna. Aleene's they have a clear glue in a bottle.

Zap-A-Gap it is an instant glue and it will fix paper very well. I use that when I make things like wrapped bands that join up. It does not pull apart.

Uhu they also have Twist & Glue that come in a yellow plastic bottle. It is clear and I assume it is some sort of water base glue.

The things I do not like with the water base glue is it does soften and pucker the paper, even some time if you use tiny amounts. The clear glue like Weldit, you can use as much as you want and it does not affect the paper negatively.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Everyone has his/hers glue they feel most comfortable with.
For me it's Beacon's 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue (90% of glueing), Loctitie Control Gel (all assemblies requiring strength or having small glueing surfaces) and Scenic Glue (very thick, white PVA glue - excellent for rolled parts and to secure parts when the glue can be poured onto them, ea framing).
Old 06-04-2009, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
This thread in Tips & Tricks might be of interest. It is a pretty comprehensive discussion on the subject.

What adhesives do you use? <- link

Last edited by B-Manic; 06-04-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:45 AM

Ok thanks everyone
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2009, 06:42 AM

Got my Willift eagle delivered today,just need to get the remaining equipment to create it then wil start posting updates on my progress