PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 06-14-2021, 08:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Paper model kit overseas shipping cost?

Being quite new to paper modeling, I was looking for a relatively simple build of a harbour tug boat, I found a build log on this forum and decided the Schreiber-Bogen harbour tug "bulldog" would be a nice place to start.
The price for the kit ranged from 9 to 12 Euros, so far so good, but adding a single kit to my cart at checkout I was getting prices of 25 to 33 Euros shipping.
Are there places that offer low shipping? I did find one store that said free shipping on orders over 69 Euros and that's great but I do not yet have a long list of models I am ready to order.
If you have a favorite vender with great shipping costs to the USA, please share!
Attached Thumbnails
Paper model kit overseas shipping cost?-s-l400-11-.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-14-2021, 09:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Vendors like GPM have a fixed charging regime but will refund the difference between the original charge and actual charge. You can email your order and shipping address to Index and they will give you a quote of the actual cost that you can pay via PayPal. They are the main two that I deal with.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
I'm not sure if these shops have the kits you wish to buy, but I have ordered from Czech based stores betexa.cz and papermodel.cz, and they both didn't charge me too much (15~20 Euros, I think) for shipping to Korea. They both have a large selection of kits (the latter even sells really old kits) that might be of interest.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Try this place:

MARCLE MODELS - Scale Model Card Kits of Ships, Aircraft, Vehicles, Tanks, Architecture, Micromodels And Much More For You To Build.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I ended up ordering the Harbour tug kit from GPM, the savings on shipping was enough that I got a couple other small kits as well and still was less than if I had ordered 1 kit from the sites I had found on my own.
Many thanks to all who posted!
Google Adsense
Old 06-15-2021, 05:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterdude View Post
I ended up ordering the Harbour tug kit from GPM, the savings on shipping was enough that I got a couple other small kits as well and still was less than if I had ordered 1 kit from the sites I had found on my own.
Many thanks to all who posted!
i buy mainly from europe and most places you pay same postage for 1 model as for more so its better to buy a few at a time,
Old 06-15-2021, 05:42 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Hunter,

You might want to check the offerings http://www.hbprecisioncard.com has, they are in Virginia, and Peter is a great person to deal with.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-15-2021, 06:53 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
Hunter,

You might want to check the offerings http://www.hbprecisioncard.com has, they are in Virginia, and Peter is a great person to deal with.

Rick
I can agree with no reservation. Peter is one of the most
fair to deal with.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 06-16-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
Hunter,

You might want to check the offerings www.hbprecisioncard.com has, they are in Virginia, and Peter is a great person to deal with.

Rick
im in new zealand and actually awaiting a very old JSC model from him as he is the only person who has it , Not even JSC have them anymore.To american modellers complaining about postage from europe i would say only this. you dont know how lucky you arepostage from the US is horrendous and the service is crap--------not the sellers fault of course.model was ordered on 17th last month, collected from seller and arrived in NY on 18th last month , No news since,.I realise of course this is post problem not sellers and seller did offer an option but i am prepared to wait as its the only place i know where i can get this model
Old 06-16-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
I can agree with no reservation. Peter is one of the most
fair to deal with.
he has some great older models on there, many not availible even from publishers any more
Google Adsense