PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 12-10-2021, 08:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
You might also look at the OEM software for your particular printer.
The Printer control center supplied often has options like resizing and rescaling prints.
Usually many other printing options and settings beyond what the basic Windows commands are.

And many OEM software or Printer bundled softwares, include other programs.
the same way your old camera had Photodeluxe with it!

If you don't have the original disc that came with your printer, go to the manufacturers website.
They all have a download section with drivers, and other related software for all systems.
They often have some of the old bundled software packages that you can download and reinstall.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.97 MB
Excellent suggestion, Airdave. As a matter of fact, I do have the original disk that came with my printer.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
GIMP is more photo editing and artwork.
Inkscape is a vector art software more for graphic design.
Both can handle existing model artwork and pdfs, and allow you to resize and/or edit.
I don't know Inkscape, but I basically using Gimp. Among the other things, it's possible to change the resolution, that can be useful to resize some templates. For example, I recently reduced to a quarter the size of a model, that originally fits onto an US legal size sheet with a resolution of 63,5 pt/in, simply quadrupling its resolution.
HTH
Old 12-23-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfuruti View Post
Correct, XP's obsolescence doesn't prevent it from net access. Perhaps the OP meant XP has so many security issues which won't ever be addressed, it's too risky connecting it?
For Windows machines, I agree on Foxit.
Allow me to suggest not to run unsupported operating system or software versions, because eventual security issues are no more addressed, as correctly remind us.
I you really need to run old versions, take care to do it in a segregated environment (tear off the net cable/switch off WiFi ).
Old 12-23-2021, 08:18 AM

I use Linux Mint and for the templates management I run some software cocktails: Gimp, pdftk, ImageMagick, poppler-utils, and the embedded xreader to view/print.

When needed, I extract the images from the PDF with poppler-utils, change them (scale/move/repaginate) with Gimp, reconvert to PDF with ImageMagick, recompose the final PDF with pdftk, most of these by command line.
The xreader print capabilities allow me to choose source, paper type, scale, and number of pages per sheet, usually printing on a PDF file to bring to a local print service.

I realize that it's not the most comfortable way, it requires some knowledge, but it's very flexible, and follow the Unix paradigm KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid). I don't think a single software exists, capable of performing all these actions. This is just my way, YMMV!