PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 01-06-2022, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.97 MB
My first paper model

A number of years ago I discovered the fun of paper models through a flying models magazine ad for Fiddlers Green postcard models. I sent for some, and still have them unbuilt. These models look very interesting, but I quickly found out that there was a skill set related to paper models, a skill set that was foreign to me. Terms like "mountain fold", "valley fold", "score"...I wasn't sure that these meant. So, I went back to the Fiddlers Green website and picked out the simpest models I could find in order to take the first steps on the path of building paper (or cardstock) models.

My first model was the FG "Jaws." What could be simpler than that purely fun build? No folding, no scoring. My second model was "Bobbin' Head Cow", FG's cubic bovine critter. This build involve a bit of scoring, folding, and rolling a tube. For the complete novice, it's a great place to start.
Attached Thumbnails
My first paper model-bobbing-head-cow.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-06-2022, 04:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
You've come on a bit since then, havn't you? I like the cow: the cow is great.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.97 MB
Hi, Philip....thanks for the kind comment. Yes, "Bobbin' Head Cow" was several years ago. I think it's a great model for children, or adults new to the hobby. The aforementioned "Jaws" as well as the FG teepee models are nice beginner level builds, too. I made a diorama featuring the teepees and have it still. "Jaws" I gave away to some tyke.