PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 09-05-2022, 12:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.52 GB
If you're new to paper modeling........

I've been doing this for quite a few years. Badly. Between arthritis, bad eyesight and a general but pervasive lack of talent I've converted kits from many firms, designs from some great artists and even the simple kits from Fiddler's green (Bless them !) into pieces that owe more to Henry Moore and Salvador Dali than to the original.
Recently, I asked for help from the forum for a Supermarine Walrus in 1/350 scale as I'd broken the one on a Plastic ship model. As usual the people here were keen to help and Rata (Bless you SIR !) came to the rescue and sent me an absolutely gorgeous little model.
My brother and I, after opening, spent quite some time just looking at it and smiling.
Anyway, a bad attack of arthritis prevented me from setting things up and photographing ship and Walrus to send to Rata, but last week my friend Ian came over to help.
Ian has two dogs, large dogs, very.
As we were about to click the camera's shutter, I clumsily knocked the stand and ship, walrus and all came tumbling down.
I think Buddy, (a large dog, belonging to Ian) thought the Walrus was a fly and lunged for it.
Large dog 1-0 Walrus.
The reason I'm posting this is to just say, never worry about how good you are, or how you think others think about your work.
We are together. We support each other and we do this, after all FOR FUN !
We all get it wrong sometimes, that's part of the fun.
I hope to see your models on our forum soon and if it's your first then be proud of it.
Liz.
Old 09-05-2022, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Well spoken, Liz.