PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 05:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Found the white rabbit at last and the Owl of Minerva blesses us all!

Curt
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I'd be much obliged if people could NOT PM me looking for clues.

It's real simple: you does the work, you gets the prize...
Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
The first thing that comes to my mind is to combine the artists name and his latest design endeavour and try the all mighty search engine. I can't do it for you because the secret is protected by the Cult of Uhu and I don't want their curse upon me. Blaah.
The last time I responded to one of your posts, you insulted me. I will try again. There is no cult of UHU. You insult many people who show respect by honoring a person who derives his income by not charging for his models, but by traffic to his website. All you have to do is read a couple of posts, and then go to a website and download his models. It is really easy to do. You have to join ZEALOT to see the pictures, just like here, at Paper Modelers. I don't see you degrade anyone here because of that? You have to join it to see it. I have helped MANY people in this forum, who are members there. Blaah to the attitude you express and the general negativity you express all the way around. Blaah to negativity. It's easy to find, you must join ZEALOT to get it. You have to join Paper Modelers to access many of is treasures, nothing wrong with that either. That's the way it should be.

There is no cult, just rules that everyone follows, and they get help, from me, if ultimately, through good effort, after they join, and contribute, and cannot find it, just ask some Moderators here, whom I have helped, because I can, being a Moderator there. No Blaah, No Blaah to UHU either, by inference.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 107.05 MB
Send a message via MSN to bf109
well said zathros i completly agree with you .
so nif tapcho insults you again he insults me aswell
Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Ok…

I am a paper model enthusiast and I wish I had 1% the talent that Uhu has. I love the few of his models that I have found but the whole download rules etc has annoyed me to the point that I do not even bother. I think that releasing free kits should be (and lets face it, one kit out there means that the whole world will probably have access to it) an all or nothing understanding, I give it freely and understand that many will enjoy and I will take comfort in that when I see maggots selling them etc. What bigger credit can there be that someone else building your design?

Yes I understand how disappointing and annoying piracy is but in my opinion it’s not like these maggots are making a fortune off the process and for every maggot there is I believe there has to be 5,000 genuinely good people who did download it and even if ½ built it I would be satisfied that people had a nice time doing either. That and the fact that eventually such fine work only credits the designer and will lead many the hobby and eventually an understanding of who the designer really is.

I associate the announcement of Uhu’s kits with a huge sense of interest and impressiveness soon followed by the dread of having to jump through loop holes, find a calculator & google time zones to figure out is availability.

This is an exaggeration but it is how I felt the last time I put effort into finding a kit:

“It is available every day in February that starts with an M or an F that falls on an odd numbered date between the hours of 19:45 and 21:22 Pacific Time.”

So much so that when a recent posting on this board announced the very kind gesture of making is kits available during the Anniversary of the Tsunami I was interested and so clicked on the link. I would probably believe it was Browser Incompatibility but nothing useful or links came up on the page and again I gave up because I assumed I was missing something or there was some rabbit hole I was expected to jump through.

For the “gate keepers” (I actually despise that term but it does fit well): how about you calm down and throw your fellow modelers a bone when they ask for your help. I have run into brick walls trying to figure this rubbish out and gave up, obviously someone looking for assistance from us is genuinely interested. It’s a good thing to be helpful and promote the hobby. Again, in my opinion these antics is childish and a disservice to the community.

Have a great St. Patrick’s weekend, I started mine Wednesday J

Regards
John
Google Adsense
Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Happy St. Patrick's John. I'll start mine this evening after my daughter's choir concert. Happy weekend everybody.

BR Tappi
Old 03-16-2012, 08:50 AM

wow,all this discussion is going to make me dust off the Discovery and try to finish the beast. I understand his protectiveness due to his incredible talent for making such quality detailed models. the hoops I had to jump through to get the models I do have of his.. well, he should just market them. I would gladly pay for one of his models, even if I had to swear an oath not to scan and distribute(I wouldn't do that to anyones work) But we all get the point.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Irishman View Post
Ok…

I am a paper model enthusiast and I wish I had 1% the talent that Uhu has. I love the few of his models that I have found but the whole download rules etc has annoyed me to the point that I do not even bother. I think that releasing free kits should be (and lets face it, one kit out there means that the whole world will probably have access to it) an all or nothing understanding, I give it freely and understand that many will enjoy and I will take comfort in that when I see maggots selling them etc. What bigger credit can there be that someone else building your design?

Yes I understand how disappointing and annoying piracy is but in my opinion it’s not like these maggots are making a fortune off the process and for every maggot there is I believe there has to be 5,000 genuinely good people who did download it and even if ½ built it I would be satisfied that people had a nice time doing either. That and the fact that eventually such fine work only credits the designer and will lead many the hobby and eventually an understanding of who the designer really is.

I associate the announcement of Uhu’s kits with a huge sense of interest and impressiveness soon followed by the dread of having to jump through loop holes, find a calculator & google time zones to figure out is availability.

This is an exaggeration but it is how I felt the last time I put effort into finding a kit:

“It is available every day in February that starts with an M or an F that falls on an odd numbered date between the hours of 19:45 and 21:22 Pacific Time.”

So much so that when a recent posting on this board announced the very kind gesture of making is kits available during the Anniversary of the Tsunami I was interested and so clicked on the link. I would probably believe it was Browser Incompatibility but nothing useful or links came up on the page and again I gave up because I assumed I was missing something or there was some rabbit hole I was expected to jump through.

For the “gate keepers” (I actually despise that term but it does fit well): how about you calm down and throw your fellow modelers a bone when they ask for your help. I have run into brick walls trying to figure this rubbish out and gave up, obviously someone looking for assistance from us is genuinely interested. It’s a good thing to be helpful and promote the hobby. Again, in my opinion these antics is childish and a disservice to the community.

Have a great St. Patrick’s weekend, I started mine Wednesday J

Regards
John
So you found joining a forum, reading three paragraphs, difficult? You found teling people the same process, which takes the average person a whole of 5 minutes now, "running through hoops". Did you not read thoroughly, what I posted, about the "MANY" people I have helped, and ended up with the necessary information?

You have a problem with me? That is what you posted:

"For the “gate keepers” (I actually despise that term but it does fit well): how about you calm down and throw your fellow modelers a bone when they ask for your help. I have run into brick walls trying to figure this rubbish out and gave up, obviously someone looking for assistance from us is genuinely interested. It’s a good thing to be helpful and promote the hobby. Again, in my opinion these antics is childish and a disservice to the community."

Have you ever asked me for anything? I have been a member of this forum for many years,almost since the very beginning. Are you still a member of ZEALOT? His models are so easy to get. It's even easier to find what you need to get them. I am the person that people ask, and I have not turned away any one, who was well established within these 2 communities. You accuse me of childish antics and being a disservice to this community. I don't think so.

I think you have absolutely no clue of what you are posting about. Maybe it's the language barrier. You did not understand the relatively short post I made and your conclusions are in error. I can only have patience with those that are without. It's all God asks of me. People who know me, know better. People who know me, also know that I help everyone I can, to the best of my abilities. So your unsubstantiated remarks stand forever enshrining your state of "being without". I did not write what you wrote, you did.

Last edited by Zathros; 03-16-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Can we keep this from getting nasty?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:04 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Lets agree to disagree on the method and manner in which uhu02 distributes his models.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Closed Thread