PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 06-26-2010, 10:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi Larry,

Sounds great! Looks like you caught right on! Looking forward to more photos of the R1. Was checking them out on the other BeeGee thread by Bagpiper.

Hope you have a great day as well!

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Old 06-26-2010, 10:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Hey, Larry. Can't wait to see more WIP pic.

And thanks for the head up on the sale, Ron. I'm on it.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Progress report and pics for my GeeBee R1 build. Have the fuse rings ready for the installation of the cockpit interior so had no choice but to knock our the interior assembly. Didn't do anything fancy. Just an "off-the-image" build. I left the side of the interior open in the pic so you guys could critique my build. I used a piece of piano wire for the control stick; but after bending and cutting it, I decided that the rest of the wires for the kit would be made of brass wire as you can see for the wing supports. I will add more in the next day or so. I still have to figure out the exact order I want to assemble these pieces. I have slowed down a bit on the build so I am now using Aileens Tacky for assembly. Seems to be holding up just fine.
As usual. All suggestions and comments are invited.:D
Attached Thumbnails
Wrong paper; maybe?-gb4.jpg   Wrong paper; maybe?-gb5.jpg   Wrong paper; maybe?-gb6.jpg   Wrong paper; maybe?-gb7.jpg  
Old 06-28-2010, 04:08 PM

I guess the next subassembly to start on is the engine. This thing may be a real challenge for a guy who has elephant hoofs for hands. lol Oh well. Just jump in with both feet and see what happens.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Hey! This build is so good I thought I was looking at my own pictures. :D. I did the same with the Aleene's glue too. After starting with Elmer's it was just too thin. Just wait until you get to the confounded engine mate. My only critique is stop making such a great job of it - Your starting to give me a complex..:D

Joking aside very well done indeed. I know how much effort has gone into this already. You are not too far behind me. I am not an expert but if you get stuck anywhere on this let me know and I will be very pleased to help if I can.

Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Cheers (Your fellow GeeBee R1 builder)
Jim
Google Adsense
Old 06-28-2010, 04:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomolarry View Post
I guess the next subassembly to start on is the engine. This thing may be a real challenge for a guy who has elephant hoofs for hands. lol Oh well. Just jump in with both feet and see what happens.
You posted this as I was typing my other reply. I just posted my last pictures of the engine on my build if you want to take a scan. Might help you - or scare you off. One of the two..:D. As stated above. Need some help? Let me know. :D

Cheers
Jim
Old 06-28-2010, 04:30 PM

Jim
Just went and checked out your latest shots of the engine and I must say; That's one darn fine looking engine you got there. I only hope that I can do near as well with ALL those tiny parts. But I guess only time will tell. And thanks for the assistance invite. So far I am dry-fitting my way through the build and it seems to be going quite well. But I do go and check out your build as I go for reference. And I thank you for that. And thanks for the good comments. Always encouraging.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.98 MB
Looking good Larry! Just keep at it and you'll have a great first model.