PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > First Cuts; A Lounge

Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Pitts s2b seats?

Wanna make Your self nuts? Go to Google and try to find photos of aerobatic seats.

I'm working on a Pitts s2b. I noticed the seats included in the kit are more like star trek seats than aerobatic aircraft seats. I think it would be pretty simple to model a more correct seat......IF there were any photos of such an animal.

If You guys come up with any ideas please post them....

Thank You all.................Mike
Google Adsense
Old 08-01-2010, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
Keep in mind the Pitts and other aerobatic aircraft are not factory built airplanes. They are built to the specs of the owner/pilot and probably vary greatly in the type of seats,harnesses,instrumentation,etc. I wonder if the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) might have some useful info for you?
Wayne
Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.24 MB
www.airliners.net has over 1400 photos of Pitts S1/S2. I didn't have time to look through all of them but I'll bet there's a few interior shots in there. Click on "photos" then "photo search engine" then use the "aircraft type" drop down box to select "pitts s1/s2 special".
Hope this helps.
Wayne
Old 08-01-2010, 09:39 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Here are a few that give a hint of the seat:

Hope that helps. We'd love to see pics of what you come up with and how it compares to what you're replacing. Good luck!
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 08-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll get it worked out. Wag, I have no doubt most of these planes are custom furnished. I even searched for aerobatic equipment buisnesses. To My suprise I found most of nothing. LOL!
I would imagine the industry is fairly secretive as both the sport and the business are somewhat competitive.
Thanks again! ............Mike
Google Adsense
Old 08-07-2010, 12:53 PM

Saw this thread on a Google search - I know nothing about modeling but I fly a Pitts S-2B, and I can tell you that "seat" is a rather generous description of what I sit on. The seat base is a metal tray and the back is a wooden board. The parachute provides most of the cushioning with an extra cushion below or behind you to adjust the seating position as required. I just wedge a cushion behind me to move me forward. Oregon Aero is a company that makes custom seat cushions.

If you haven't had any joy finding pics online I might be able to snap a couple of pics of the front and rear seats for you. I'm hoping to make it out to the airport tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:00 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Thanks for posting Martin, I'm sure that would be most appreciated. Looking forward to seeing those pics!

And feel free to poke around and try your hand at a model or two if you're interested, there's a number of great subjects in our downloads section you can try out for free (plus printer ink, a piece or two of cardstock, scissors, and glue). You might find some enjoyment out of it - something a little more relaxing than flying a Pitts (though maybe not as exciting!)
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 08-08-2010, 03:07 AM

Wow! No kidding! That would be super. I would love to get some photos. I thank You kindly sir! Also, let us know how the flying goes.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:57 PM

Didn't make it out there yesterday, I'm afraid, but I'm pretty much guaranteed to be there this coming weekend. Any requests for pics other than the seats?
Old 08-09-2010, 11:55 PM

Love to see pics of the plane martinp.
I think photos of the seats and how they are related to the frame work would be super helpful. But I for one would be thrilled to see Your 2bs!

By the way, welcome to the board. And thanks for checking in.
Google Adsense