PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 03-22-2011, 06:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I ask again for the Wilhelmshavener USA web site

I find this site some time ago. It is not the German site with English language and ordering models from Germany. It is a USA site location and when you buy the models it is from the USA so postage is lower and delivery time different.

But I forget the address. I ask about this before and someone (thank you) provided me with the German address. I realize this is not the site I seek. So I ask again now.
Google Adsense
Old 03-22-2011, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Don't know if it is the place you are asking about -->
There was a place up in the Pacific northwest named Paper Models International which had imported that line; but I'm not sure what their business status is right now.
PaperModels.net
Quote:
Change of Ownership ....July 20, 2009
After a year of searching for a suitable new owner for Paper Models International we have found someone who we think fills the bill nicely. A paper model enthusiast with a lot of good ideas and the energy and drive to carry them out, Mark Beard of Alameda, California will continue in the tradition of PMI for the last 36 years and will also be bringing innovation to the process.
Access to the PMI website and catalog are the same. PaperModels.net The new phone number is (510) 995 8960, Pacific Time. And the new email is [email protected].
The depleated inventory will be brought up to snuff as rapidly as possible.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Peter Heesch, of HB Precision Card works closely with Wilhelmshaven and he is based in Virginia.

[email protected]
Old 03-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Banned

Oksana, if you search throughout this forum, you will find some questionable practices and results in dealing with this outfit. Many have said how they have dealt with "him" for years, but I have found no storefront, internet listing or anything that suggests a business. The link above goes to a page that has not been updated for years. Before you put out any cash, make sure you talk to someone. I don't know what your looking for but ECardmodels (ECardmodels.com Shop ) has quite a selection, as does Gremir, ( GreMir Models ) and at least with these guys you don't have to worry about who you're dealing with. I don't use Paypay and Chris (ECardmodels) let me pay with a handshake and a check, so that was easy enough.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
FYI.... Peter Heesch and HB Precision Models is the primary business sponsor for the annual Paper Model Convention held in the DC area each year. He is a very personable guy and I have bought models from him at the convention and through e-mail without incident. I don't know what problems others have had with doing business with him, but I have had none.

Greg
Old 03-22-2011, 08:46 AM

I get some models from ECardmodels in the past and they offer very good service. I want the Wilhelmshavener Bomarc missile and the V-2 missile again. The V-2 I had bought via down load, but I lose the file for that. I have made a copy of some of the parts but not all as it was a big model. So I need that again. And the Bomarc it comes printed only from what I see. Ecard has a different Bomarc but it have no price listed so I assume it is no longer available.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
I believe that Zathros is referring to PMI, but just to clarify: PMI does have many Wilhelmshaven kits, but I haven't dealt with them since Lou Dausse sold the business so I cannot comment on their viability. Do some research on this forum as per Zathros' recommendation. As far as H&B Precision Card goes, Peter has traditionally worked through snail mail and email. This is a very small side business for him, so he may not respond quickly (I don't know how often he checks this particular email address). if I can locate his business card, I may be able to contact him via another email address or phone number, should he not respond to you in a reasonable amount of time. It should be noted that Pete is one of the coordinators for the International Paper Model Convention held in Virginia and has been there every year. He has a large collection of Wilhemshaven models (as well as Schrieber, Maly Modelarz, Halinski, etc.) and has a direct relationship with the company. I most recently ordered from him last November/December with no issues whatsoever. It should also be noted that for some out-of-print models, his prices are excellent. For example, I purchased a FlyModel Saab Viggen for $10 or $11 as compared to $40 and up charged by other vendors. Let me know if I can be of further help.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
I get the impression that there is not a current site online for Wilhelmshaven. I would perhaps try emailing Peter Heesch at the email given above and see if he has any information - but if I were looking for any of their models I think I'd just try and order direct printed kits from him.

Someday I'll tackle that Bismarck sitting in my stack lol.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:24 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Diderick Bakker (he's a member here)has the Bomarc in his shop - Zeist Bouwplaten - Import, verkoop, ontwerp en productie van papieren schaalmodellen, maquettes en bouwplaten (cardmodels), Modelbouw, Rietveld cutoutmodels , but it's in Holland so still shipping costs,and I don't know how much that would be, you could ask him , before ordering.
The V2 is still available as a download from Wilemshavener; http://www.papermod.com/esd-a-shop/index1.html
Old 03-22-2011, 12:16 PM

Yes Wilhelmshavener have an online shop and I buy from them in the past. They offer down load models and also a printed catalogue of kits. Now this is the German site. But at one time they have a USA branch so to avoid postage etc from Europe. I have lost the information, though.
Google Adsense