PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 08-11-2011, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nunn View Post
Leif,

Thank you for showing this built, I just went through Tomek's build and he has some great tips and techniques. I had similar issues with the cockpit fits that he had so he can blame it on the kit, he did a fantastic job. Let him know that we would be honored if he would join our forum.

Wilfried,

The KW web site is HERE, but it appears that the models are now sold through Draf. KW's JU-87 is also a stunning model

Jim Nunn
Must be so. I checked at Paper Model Store and a Lithuanian store. Neither had the airplanes but both carried the KW Pak 40.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
"KW P-39 superior to Halinski version"

Regarding how the KW P-39 model compares to the Halinski P-39, Slawomir Wojcik of European Modellservice clearly implies that the KW model is both better and definitely more rich in detail than the Halinski version:

Quote:
Beim Blättern des Bogens wird man das Gefühl nicht los, daß der Herausgeber, Waldemar Kalinowski (daher der Verlagsname) sich Halinski als Vorbild genommen hatte …und ihn übertroffen hat! Die Bauzeichnungen sind in gleicher Art und Weise, die Geschichte des Piloten wurde verfasst, die Größe des Bogens ist identisch, die Graphik ist ähnlich, sogar die Detaillierung ist auch ähnlich …allerdings um über 20% umfangreicher!
Attempt to translate:

Quote:
Leafing through the pages of the kit one cannot but feel that the publisher, Waldemar Kalinowski (hence the company's name) has looked upon the Halinski models as something to emulate ... and he has managed to surpass them! The instruction sketches have the same character, the history of the pilot is supplied, the size of the pages is identical, graphics are similar, as is the level of detailing ... although it is more than 20% larger in numbers!
Leif
Old 08-11-2011, 12:06 PM

Thanks, Leif! Any idea on how to order from Draf Model. I went to their site, but Google could not handle the polish instructions.

I would love to have their JU-87!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:07 PM

Tomek sends his regards

Tomek at Large Scale Plans sends his regards to everyone who has been happy about his build of the KW P-39 model:

Quote:
Thank you for presenting my P-39 in such good light. I don't think such praise is deserved, I'm just well aware how many flaws my model has and how many mistakes I've made during this build. I still have a lot to learn!
[…]
If you don't mind, please forward my thanks for a very kind reception of my Airacobra to guys over the PM-dot-com forum. I appreciate the compliments and I blush in the same time, because they are not fully justified.

Model on!

Tomek aka Cotlet

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 08-11-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
Rereading the thread, I notice one says that these kits are even better than Halinski's?
*Raises hand* I think that was me

I say better in the sense of detail and options. I looked over my copy of Halinski's P-39 the other day, and noticed that the panel lines and rivets were barely noticeably due to the dark green used. In comparison to the KW model, the rivets/panel lines were noticeable, but not enough to stick out like a sore thumb.

The cockpit of the KW model looks a bit more detailed, but I really can't put my finger on that area. If the KW model has a fault, then from reading others experience, it would be the fit of the cockpit. As for Halinski, I believe modelperry built Halinski's P-39 and noted that the wing skins didn't match properly.

The KW P-39 also has the individual flap options in the wings, which I think makes the model look "mean".

I'm merely speaking by observance, as I haven't built any of the P-39's from Halinski or KW. Personal preference perhaps?
Google Adsense
Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 PM

Dealing with Draf

Charles, as for dealing with Draf models, I can see the problem - there are no instructions but in Polish. Two suggestions:

1) Contact Draf models by way of their contact form.

2) Contact Slawomir Wojcik (Modellservice) by email: post-officeWojcik(at)t-online.de

Compare the prices they quote for shipping when you get their replies (don't rely on Slawomir's webshop, it calculates shipping costs higher than what Slawomir actually will charge). My recommendation - go with Slawomir if at all possible. His prices, service, and inside knowledge of the Polish card modeling scene are hard to beat. I know some people from this site have dealt with him, and that they would second that, but I also understand there's an extra problem in that Slawomir requires payment by transference to his bank account which, as I understand it, means a fairly substantial extra cost from the US. From Europe that extra cost is reasonably small.

Leif

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 08-11-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 PM

Thanks again, Leif!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
....My recommendation - go with Slawomir if at all possible. His prices, service, and inside knowledge of the Polish card modeling scene are hard to beat. I know some people from this site have dealt with him, and that they would second that, but I also understand there's an extra problem in that Slawomir requires payment by transference to his bank account which, as I understand it, means a fairly substantial extra cost from the US. From Europe that extra cost is reasonably small.

Leif
I will second that as far as the service goes. As for payment - he accepts PayPal as well
Shoot him an email and he will provide you with the total and PayPal address to send payment to.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
Charles, as for dealing with Draf models, I can see the problem - there are no instructions but in Polish. Two suggestions:

1) Contact Draf models by way of their contact form.

2) Contact Slawomir Wojcik (Modellservice) by email: post-officeWojcik(at)t-online.de

Compare the prices they quote for shipping when you get their replies (don't rely on Slawomir's webshop, it calculates shipping costs higher than what Slawomir actually will charge). My recommendation - go with Slawomir if at all possible. His prices, service, and inside knowledge of the Polish card modeling scene are hard to beat. I know some people from this site have dealt with him, and that they would second that, but I also understand there's an extra problem in that Slawomir requires payment by transference to his bank account which, as I understand it, means a fairly substantial extra cost from the US. From Europe that extra cost is reasonably small.

Leif
Definitely seconded...great service...and Slawomir does take Paypal...
Old 08-11-2011, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
That's the kind of build that makes even a seasoned paper modeler echo the timeless cry of "THAT'S PAPER???"