PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 09-13-2008, 02:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev0 View Post
I wonder if they have anything for my Uboat, I'm not getting good enough gas mileage.
Ever thought about adding a big sail? Might increase your gas mileage to that of a hybrid
Old 09-13-2008, 02:25 PM

I thought U-Boats were the original hybrids. :D
Old 09-13-2008, 06:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.69 MB
Haynes worked well with my MG TF and TR4. I know I had the cars, probably had the manuals too. Think I had the cars know I had the manuals................damn...........if I could only remember that far back. Crap, if only I could remember last week...........even yesterday.....................Please.............h elp, I am lost! What are we talking about?
Old 09-14-2008, 10:06 AM

I think the factory manuals trump all the 3rd party ones.

I need to get my hands on the factory manuals for my 02' GTP. I have the ones for my 93' Olds Cutlass Supreme that are distinct for that make and year.

Best books EVER.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:23 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Padre - would love to see pic's of those cars, the TF especially. My dad had a 1951 YA - one of 6 made that year left-hand drive - and a '66 midget (among various other British sports cars) growing up.
Stev0 - any work done on the GTP? I know I've raced a few that can hang with the GTO for a bit - and their are some out there faster, but I haven't run into them yet.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
A few years back I had a 911 targa, 1970. Rustbucket. Moneypit.(but fun) and came with a Haynes manual that was pretty good! Sticking with air-cooled, driving the Corvair today. Honda trail 90 that stubbornly won't run, 1967 (vair is 1965) is next up for project.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike View Post
The current ones might be okay to put under the jack on soft earth, but not absorbant enough for shop towels

If the covers are thick enough, you could always use them to laminate formers. :D
Old 09-16-2008, 03:33 PM

Anyone have any idea what the manuals are like? Are they actual repair manuals or are they more like historical references.

@ Dansls1 ... I have not had any chance at playing with the GTP ... I have had it a year already and have only just maintained it. I want to achieve 300hp which is possible with little effort. Right now, thanks to paper modeling I am designing some mounting plates to upgrade my suspension top end. Perhaps next year I will follow through on the rest of my plans for some bolt-on's. A 3.4" Pulley on the Supercharger, a set of performance headers with a larger diameter exhaust, better MAF and PCM ... gotta stay ahead of Knock Retard ... lol.

I'm an Olds man myself, but the rumour is that there is a G8 GTP coming with Supercharged V8. The G8 GT is spanking BMW's at the moment.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
hey StevO, mine was a repair manual, I can't think the target audience for the spit is actual spit owners, though....(gone back to manufacturers manuals for the Vair, most happy) BTW combined horsepower on the vair and 90 both is 120(maybe):D
Old 09-16-2008, 05:05 PM

Best thing to do is get most of the manuals available for a given vehicle, as each one may have some little tidbit of information the others lack. For the Cortinas I have the factory manual, which is great, but it assumes you have all of the associated tooling (which was NEVER the case in the US even at the dealers), the Haynes manual, which shows you how to make or fake the factory tooling, but doesn't always have the specs you need for individual components, and both (67-8 and 69-70) Autobooks, only one of which has any info on the automatic (also lacking in the factory book oddly enough).

Unlike a lot of people, I have never found Chilton's to be worth their pulp, as they all seem to assume that you are a factory trained mechanic with all of the tooling and support, but just need a quick refresher.