PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 10-19-2012, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 820.35 MB
Fokker F-27

Navigating the cloud I met some new models on this site, here is the link for your enjoyment, plus there helicopters models and commercial aircraft.

Wongday & Royaje Papercraft: Fokker F27
Google Adsense
Old 10-19-2012, 02:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Thanks, don't think I've seen a paper model of that one before.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Hey, this is the fellow with the BJ & the Bear truck! and the link works and everything!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
F 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Thanks, don't think I've seen a paper model of that one before.
Ouch, Whulsey - I published a very highly detailed KLM version of the Fokker / Fairchild F27 Friendship about a year ago, together with a bright yellow Airwest version. Both available from eCardmodels, or as a printed version via my internet site - Zeist Bouwplaten - Import, verkoop, ontwerp en productie van papieren schaalmodellen, maquettes en bouwplaten (cardmodels), Modelbouw, Rietveld cutoutmodels . Not free, of course, but absolute top quality. Look for Paper Trade. I,m sorry I haven't got a picture of a finished Airwest version yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker F-27-img_0117.jpg   Fokker F-27-f27prototypegroot1.jpg  
Old 10-20-2012, 06:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Good for you, Diderick. That is a true scale paper model, and it ought to be recognized as such.

There's nothing to be said about a number of paper models popping up from all directions but "thank you, very good of you to share" - but whenever publicizing one of those the responsible finder/poster ought to try to hunt down the really good ones existing of the same subject, and if possible also build reports of them.

That is kind of unwritten responsibility for any paper modeler.

I have not examined your Fokker F27 personally, Diderick, but have seen build reports of it, for example at Zealot, and at Kartonbau.de (same builder, both reports unfinished but they do give a good view of the qualit of the kit). I am quite convinced it is an excellent, high-quality scale model, in fact the standard model for the F27 at present.

A simple search for "Fokker F27 paper model" would have turned up all the necessary information in seconds. I just tried. However, beware that the first items that pop up in a search is not necessarily the most pertinent or the best one. At present the model publicized here pops up very prominently (because it is new, or becuase the designer is good at the game of being found by search engines?), while the high-quality model by Zeist Bouwplaten is rather hard to find if using a search engine.

Friends, please try to go the extra mile when posting, and do try to learn more about what's offered by various publishers - it is both fun, and useful for others. We can all help to increase the collective knowledge base of what paper modeling is about!

Leif

Whulsey - hope we are still friends... . No offense intended; I could easily have done the same mistake; in fact I know I have.

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 10-20-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 10-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.63 MB
I also saw the link for the Fokker F-27 last day but i didn´t downloaded it. There is also another NLM Fokker F-27 overthere in the net but no way either...

The Diderick F-27 model is a GREAT model but i don´t have seen it yet. The KLM version is ideal for repainting in Iberia, Aviaco,and some other spanish airliners but that KLM version was not available in Ecarmodels, only the Airwest version and i´m afraid it won´t be vectorial which makes the work easier and takes less time for repainting instead of redrawing all parts again in Corel.

But there is another old F-27 from León Schuyt long out of print but that is still relatively easy to find in old book shops here in my country. The original model has Air Zaire colors and i´m using it now to recolor the plane in all spanish airlines to show them in the spanish airliners thread.

This is (in my opinion) still a good model with not too many parts but with fine lines as other León models. With some little modifications and some skills i think i can get a nice model. I have already done some testing before modification and the model looks great.( i still have to move up and down some stripes in the nose...) I enclose some photos of the model in old SPANTAX colors.(Spantax bought the f-27´s from Schreiner Airways, that´s the reason for the strange blue livery of the very first years of the airline).

And finally, there is another F-27 (in fact there is a F-50 of the spanish airline Air Nostrum but with the very same parts that the León model with the exception of the long nose). Parts are pre-cut and the model was given as a gift in many travel agencies when the airline started operations. As i have told before, the model is a F-27 in shape but with square windows and some printed details to resemble it to the Fokker F-50.
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker F-27-dsc04940.jpg   Fokker F-27-dsc04942.jpg   Fokker F-27-dsc04943.jpg  
Old 10-20-2012, 09:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Thanks Jesus for adding to our common knowledge base!

I've just been in mail contact with Diderick, and I'm pleased to say that the original model is indeed in vector format, so the downloadable version should be that as well, even if it is converted to pdf.

Please note that Diderick has a note on his page saying that there is an option to download all versions, if you're outside Europe. The price is 15€. Please mail him for further enquiries. His mail address is on the page for Zeist Bouwplaten. Of particular interest for you, Jesus, as I'm sure for many others, is that Diderick offers a "white" version as well (panel lines etc. only) for repainting in any color scheme. That is a really fine offer, if you can have it in vector compatible format. Which it seems you can have.

I should also have linked to Diderick's own presentation of the Fokker F27 model here at Papermodelers.com. There is a lot of information there, and many questions answered.

Leif

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 10-20-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.63 MB
Many thanks Leif,

I will go with the F-27 and contact Diderick as soon as i finish with the Caravelle. I will send him all my repaints of this aircraft. I don´t understand why they don´t have released more repaints of this great model, only with the klm default lines and changing colors,titles and logos many liveries can be done. It´s not difficult. (of course, I say this without having seen the model yet...)
Old 10-21-2012, 09:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
Ouch, Whulsey - I published a very highly detailed KLM version of the Fokker / Fairchild F27 Friendship about a year ago, together with a bright yellow Airwest version. Both available from eCardmodels, or as a printed version via my internet site - Zeist Bouwplaten - Import, verkoop, ontwerp en productie van papieren schaalmodellen, maquettes en bouwplaten (cardmodels), Modelbouw, Rietveld cutoutmodels . Not free, of course, but absolute top quality. Look for Paper Trade. I,m sorry I haven't got a picture of a finished Airwest version yet.
Lovely model.

Nice one

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.15 MB
Hello,

I am working on the Paper Trade F-27 in Hughes Airwest colors... It's an excellent kit and really captures the look of the F-27.

Best regards,
Kurt
Google Adsense

Tags
fokker f-27, papercraft, rapidtox