PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 11-21-2015, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
I have been looking for.....

Amazon as a source for paper models but frankly searching is a brain fart over there. Heartily sick of a search engine that basically isn't. They have a find (rubbish) engine but that does not really do the trick. Anyone here seen decent tank models (paper) over there?

I ask about amazon because I have an amazon account and I will NOT use prey pal for payments.
Google Adsense
Old 11-21-2015, 09:52 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
ecardmodels.com accepts credit cards...........

My Drawings
Old 11-21-2015, 09:58 AM

I don't have a printer and I am looking for larger scale tanks etc but thanks for the pointer, I believe that there is a significant mark up when payment is made in currencies other than pounds sterling with credit cards which I do not see the point in paying.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Did a search for "paper model tanks".
www.amazon.com/search field keywords=paper+model++tanks

Returned a few before the results degenerated into the usual cwrap.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:08 AM

Like I mentioned, these guys all use the descriptive of search engine but it has been a very long time since this animal has actually existed. If I had a decent print shop near me I would not be too fussed but having to get pre printed models is a pain.
Google Adsense
Old 11-21-2015, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Assume you're in GB since you mentioned paying in pounds sterling, aren't there any vendors in England that carry paper models. Sure I've seen a couple in Google searches.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Mike,

Following Whulsey's comments I've checked an old friend's site and found quite a few tanks etc. Try Untitled Document

On the subject of Paypal - my question is why not PayPal? There are a few technical reasons for using them. The main one being cost. Even if you are buying from overseas they will charge your card in GBP therefore no commission from your card issuer. Paypal also use current exchange rates and don't add a fee. From the buyers point of view there are no charges, these are paid by the seller. You could add the point that you don't have to give your card details to someone you don't know.

One last -smile - One of the directors at Paypal used to be my boss at Visa - he was head of the security aspect of credit cards ;-)))

If you take the plunge you could go wild and give the following site a try
???????? ???????

cheers
Mike
Old 11-21-2015, 05:54 PM

I had a bad experience with prey pal and a certain online market place which is not amazon and lost a lot of money. OK maybe not a lot to some but a lot to me and they were as helpful as a ton of concrete to a drowning person. I will NEVER use prey pal again. I understand other folk want to use them but that is their choice as this is mine. Not particularly impressed with the offerings I have found in the UK based sites so far either, too small a selection for a start.

However, thanks very much for the replies guys, thanks for taking the time to consider and reply.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Fair selection here Mike. ... compare paper model kit - 2157 offers at shopele.co.uk

Most seem to be referenced to E-Bay and they all look a bit expensive to me, but I'm used to mostly free downloads that I print out myself.

Personally I can't imagine how you hope to continue with this hobby without a printer though. They can be bought for less than the cost of some pre-printed models nowadays. AND ... If you won't use PayPal, how do you pay for orders by post? Straight on a credit or debit card? I prefer the added convenience and protection of PayPal when shopping on line. Especially when shopping overseas.

Where abouts in UK are you located? I might be able to do you a favour.

Way back when I started paper modeling, I used to download and print out everything that grabbed my interest. The 'To Do' box pretty soon filled up though and I started a digital archive instead. There's no way I'll live long enough to build them all anyway, but anything I do build will be freshly printed, as required. So the original 'filed to paper' box full is now excess to requirement, and frankly getting in the way.

Anyone near enough is welcome to have a root through before it all goes into the recycling bin, but according to the Paper Modellers map, my nearest PM neighbour is 50 odd miles away in the Black Country. I'll have to try offering them on the local Freecycle networks. You never know, I just might get another paper nut started on the road to insanity.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Have you looked at Marcle Models ? They are one of the oldest paper model suppliers on the net and though I have not purchased models from them for several years I always found their service to be excellent and prompt. Shipping is included in the price for orders within UK and are reasonable for the rest of the world. Selection is good, but I believe they only update the catalog once a year perhaps more often now. So if you do not see a model you want send a email to Christopher the owner through the web site and ask if they have it. In the past he would let me know when a model became available.

Best of all he doesn't take Pay Pal. As for PayPal I had a very bad experience with PayPal Credit card. I did not sign up for the card, and without my permission my purchases were going through the PayPal Credit Card not my normal account. I contacted PayPal when I received the billing statement. Because the mailing address was not PayPal but a small bank in the south. I asked if this was a scam the response basically said "most likely", but it was a computer generated response. 3 months later the bill was 3 times the amount of my purchases and they were going to collection. On the other hand I know of a person who purchased an item with a cost of over $2500 with PayPal. It was a scam the item was never shipped. PayPal promptly refunded the amount when proof was given that the item had never shipped (fake shipping docs).

Jim Nunn

Last edited by Jim Nunn; 11-21-2015 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added link
Google Adsense