PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-20-2015, 11:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Excellent !!!!!!
Old 12-21-2015, 04:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Why would those idiots try to pirate something that everyone knows that it isn't theirs? Isn't there a way to stop them completely???

BTW I remember a pop up ad that said "you have an incoming message" when I found that site....but that trick didn't fool me: I was on my Ipad, and the window was so low in quality, also way too old...lol
Old 12-24-2015, 07:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I just put "Paper models" into the Alibaba search box and came up with 20 pages of them.

As you do, I started to scroll through them to see who they were ripping off now. Yep, lots and lots of familiar pictures ... some freebies, some pay for, and quite a few that I've not seen anywhere else.

Let's be honest here ... I've actually ordered one ... which, if I can't identify the original, I will probably reverse engineer into a .pdf and share here for free when it arrives. Tell ya more about it in 'The Minions' thread when it arrives.

Anyhow ... as I was scrolling through, I came across this familiar face, and wondered if Sidewinder knew they were using his picture?

It's in use advertising the rifle he is holding ... which I know is a freebie offering somewhere.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:21 PM

Hmmm? Correction to my statement above about over 20 pages ...

I've just delved a little deeper and I gave up at page 100.

They've pretty much got the Canon,Yamaha, and Epson catalogs in there,along with many, many others. Loads of Paper-Replika stuff and even Pokemon and Cubee are making an appearance.

Question for the Admins ... On the assumption that if Alib**a stock it, it must be legally available somewhere else, but not necessarily free ... can I publish a picture lifted from Alib**a on here and ask if anyone knows the legal source? Obviously I'm asking 'cos I've seen things in their catalog that quite fancy, but don't know the legal source.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:10 PM

Bump ... 'cos admin haven't answered my question.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Hmmm? Correction to my statement above about over 20 pages ...

I've just delved a little deeper and I gave up at page 100.

They've pretty much got the Canon,Yamaha, and Epson catalogs in there,along with many, many others. Loads of Paper-Replika stuff and even Pokemon and Cubee are making an appearance.

Question for the Admins ... On the assumption that if Alib**a stock it, it must be legally available somewhere else, but not necessarily free ... can I publish a picture lifted from Alib**a on here and ask if anyone knows the legal source? Obviously I'm asking 'cos I've seen things in their catalog that quite fancy, but don't know the legal source.
Actually Alibab does not stock it. It is those registered sellers who do it. Basically like ebay. I have messaged some Chinese Department regarding copyright, their reply: " It is out of our control"
Old 01-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.32 MB
Obviously pirate sites hurt the designers very much. But what many people don't realize is pirate sites hurt the customers even more.
The designers don't make enough money because 3rd parties are selling or giving away their models. So the designers are forced to invest their time into working something else just to be able to put food on their plate. In the end instead of ten new amazing models, the customers get one or even none.
The only way people can help is to spread awareness of the real owners of the models and encourage support.
I personally know a lot of people that do that and they are the reason we keep on going.
Support us on Patreon
Old 01-08-2016, 08:31 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Wish there was some way to shut the pirated sites down, but as discussed, its darn nearly impossible. If you get to shut one down, the very next day it reopens under a new ID. I guess the only way to shut the Pirates down is to spread the word as much as possible and obviously don't buy from them.
We as members of this worldwide legit forum, need to spread the word the best way we can, and maybe that will put some impact on these guys.
We must support the hard work of the designers and only buy from them.
We should have a section here to list any and all sites discovered to be pirate sites.
As we all know it's nearly impossible to shut them down for good, but we should try!!!
Old 01-26-2016, 06:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Maybe we can start a association regarding this issue. But it is difficult if the law does not work with us; 'Association of copyright and pirated contents'

Tags
people, store, helped, aliexpress, story, guys, manufacturers, models, photos, samples, crooks, put, google, leads, original, creator, hundreds, replied, sell, jail, mess, clear, caught, owners, consequence