PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 03-21-2013, 02:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
SS Normandie

I used to have saved a model of the Normandie which I found on the net. It was a French model on a site which gave access to models published in the past..(this doesn't make sense I know). The model was rather short and stubby, and on two sheet. I've long harboured dreams of modifying and lengthening it to make a better model of this most beautiful ship, but I only have print offs of half the ship vand poor scans of the other half... Does anyone know where the rest of her is???
Google Adsense
Old 03-21-2013, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 129.82 MB
Sorry, it may have been a reprint, that is no longer available.
But there was a more precise cardmodel of the Normandie by the French firm Ingénia; scale was 1/400, if I recall correctly. You may find it some time in the internet...but at rather high costs.
And now the good news:
The Polish firm JSC in Gdansk (www.jsc.pl) has a series called "Mikroflota" in the same scale (1:400), and there you can find as # 48 (11/2005) a fine model of the famous paquebot Normandie that costs 1/10th of the rare Ingénia vintage models.
Kind regards, -
Papercaptain

Last edited by Papercaptain; 03-21-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: URL edited
Old 03-22-2013, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i have jsc nomandie and there is also the editions quest france which has france,normandie and titanic all in one book still about
Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.52 MB
Normandie

Normandie from Ouest France editions , not quest France
Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
SS Normandie Models

Hi Dartlynx,
The SS Normandie was indeed an art déco beauty!

I actually have a nice big publicity poster (a 1930s re-print) for the shipping line 'Le Havre-New York' at home in our living room, where she is skilfully depicted in color at a steep angle from the front, below the bow, looking up at the hull towering above. It is very stylish.

On eBay, there are re-prints of a rather colorful 'Kraft' SS Normandie card model from 1938 on sale:
1938 Kraft SS Normandie 26" Card Model Reissue Mint | eBay
Could that be the one you are looking for?

Here's a direct link to the Polish JSC 1:400 scale waterline model: modellservice - der Kartonmodellshop - Transatlantikliner Normandie (1936) 1:400
Slawomir (at Modellservice in Germany) also has this model (with a detailed description in German): modellservice - der Kartonmodellshop - Transatlantikliner Normandie (1936) 1:400

I had a look at Wilhelmshavener Modellbaubogen in Hamburg, at the 1:250 scale ocean liners, but they don't have the SS Normandie.

Have a peak, by the way, at this video clip of a functioning 1:100 scale model of the SS Normandie, by Italian modeller Duilio Curradi - that even has smoke coming out of her funnels!: Maquette naviguante du paquebot NORMANDIE au 1/100° 3,13 m - Blog de Atlantique-nord .. Dans le sillage du...

There is also, for your enjoyment or modeling inspiration, this ready-made/assembled museum scale model in Mahogany: SS Normandie Ship Model

All the best,
Bengt in Stockholm

PS. You must see this huge computer rendering of the upper boat decks of the SS Normandie: http://www.alae.us/Normandie/MegaRen...MegaRender.htm

Last edited by Bengt Fredén; 03-22-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added info.
Google Adsense
Old 03-23-2013, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
That's a marveleous picture of the Normandie, Bengt. I wish there were more of such photo's.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
Normandie from Ouest France editions , not quest France
finger slipped lol
Old 03-24-2013, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
Does anyone know of a source for the Ouest France models? I surfed around looking for one a while back, without success.

SS Normandie-3-paquebots-2.jpg

Also, here is my assembled version of the old Kraft reproduction

SS Normandie-dscn1654.jpgSS Normandie-kraft-normandie-2.jpg

It is rather boxy and (IMO) does not really capture the distinctive elegance of the original ship. However, the model itself has a sort of period appeal.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.68 MB
Looked up SS Normandie model on JSC. Cost is $15.92 but they want $195 for shipping to US. Thought this may be a typo but looked at all the other country destinations and they were also outrageous.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmarine View Post
Looked up SS Normandie model on JSC. Cost is $15.92 but they want $195 for shipping to US. Thought this may be a typo but looked at all the other country destinations and they were also outrageous.
you will need to do conversions but marclemodels in uk have jsc normandie listed at 25.95 POUNDS plus 6.50 surface mail or 8.00 airmail
Google Adsense