PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 11-19-2022, 08:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 81.64 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
While looking for inspiration to kitbash an M8 Greyhound in Philippine Army markings I went looking for similar looking APCs and found the Minimodels.cz OT-64 Skot.

That reminded me of the BTR-80 from the Ace Combat games I'd seen posted before on their gamer forums and mentioned by Ninjatoes, but the wayback machine links were dead ends. Today I finally found the original Photobucket host which has everything I remember and more here:

Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

They're fairly simple and lack tabs, but there's a lot of variety for the 1970-1990 period - 3 variants each of the HMMWV and M113, tracked and wheeled AAMs, MBTs and trucks. The real finds for me were the Gepard, ZSU-23-4, SA-6 Gainful SSM and of course the BTR-80. And they're in PNG format, easy to recolor and rescale.

The BTR-80 nose isn't as useful as I thought, but the others have real potential!
too bad the link wont work anymore ; (
Old 12-12-2022, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
New at RandPModels
1:87 Type 84 and Type 89 Japanese tanks
1:250 WW1 biplanes flown by Czech pilots

New at PRModels
1:32? Dune Buggy [on Facebook Patreon link]

I hope there's more coming for the holidays!

Last edited by lfuente; 12-12-2022 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-17-2022, 08:21 PM

While keeping my mom company I found 3 new models on the Dassault website

Dassault Aviation aircraft Origami/Papercraft

Most interesting was the first free Atlantique naval patrol aircraft I'd seen other than Olli Bizer's boxy minimodel. Fairly large at 1:65 and 28MB which includes build photos.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuente View Post
Another update for Paperarmy, since somebody was looking for an LCVP recently - two were newly uploaded although one's likely a duplicate. Also a Storch, M4 Firefly and M3 Stuart.
OK, some new links - judging from the art style, the same guy who does PaperArmy also does 1:72 to 1:60 civilian vehicles now. []Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

Do a search for 'modellover archive.org' for trucks including an Autocar, Magirus, taxi and police cars. []Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine
For the Peterbilt, the search terms are 'model lover archive.org' []Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

Another find from a Japanese designer, check out this YouTube page:
TABO木工製作所 - YouTube

Go to second row where it says Uploads, select a video, click 'show more' to get links to 1:144 JSDF papercraft. There are 3-color/1-color/winter versions of the AH-1S, 3-color/1-color versions of the Type90 MBT and 2 versions of the Type16 FSV.
Old 02-16-2023, 03:47 AM

If you haven't already visited, check out our 1:250 boxy designer friend ARUUU56709's website: AB Papercraft

Browse around, there's papercrafts both free and for sale of mostly Indonesian and Japanese subjects in scales other than 1:250. What grabbed my attention was the 1:144 Tupolev Tu-2 and the 1:100 Mitsubishi B4N1 torpedo bomber that looks straight out of Porco Rosso!

Enjoy!
Google Adsense
Old 02-01-2024, 11:51 PM

New and updated links

One updated link and one new link:

(LINK REMOVED PENDING COMMUNICATION WITH HOST THAT PERMISSION IS GRANTED TO USE/POST PAY MODELS)

Recoloriages d'avions de Zio Prudenziati - Le forum en papier
new recolors of Zio Prudentiati aircraft on Forum en Papier

Last edited by Texman; 02-05-2024 at 05:29 PM.