PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 06-01-2020, 10:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 56.25 MB
MAUBOUSSIN 40 HEMIPTERE au 1/66

The initial version of this model was designed in 2016. It turns out, after studying the few documents I have been able to gather since then, that the model is geometrically wrong.

I have therefore taken over the study of this model, making it benefit from the experience gained, both in terms of design and presentation of the boards that have now become my "standards".

An "almost" new model in a way!

A bit of history:

Hemiptere: insect with four wings of low elongation.

"At a time when private aviation could only be practised by a minority of very wealthy people, for aviation to become practical, new equipment had to be created to make it easier to learn and to fly safely." (from "Les Ailes" february 1936)

L'Hémiptère, rigged with a provisional certificate of airworthiness, was hired at the 12 heures d'Angers in 1936 (reduced to six because of deplorable weather conditions), piloted by the firm's pilot, Pierre Brévier.

He finished at the second place in the 2 liters category (8 entered, 6 of which finished the race having covered 741km).

In December 1936, he appeared at the Salon de l'Aéronautique in Paris. In spite of this, it did not arouse the expected interest from potential users.

The aircraft had been built under state capital and the contract provided that it would remain the property of the state.

In 1938 its engine was returned to its manufacturer (Train engine) and the airframe was stored at the Fouga factory in Aire sur Adour (France), then destroyed in 1954.

If you want to know more about this aircraft with its original formula, see the free download of the cards:

MAUBOUSSIN TYPE 40 HEMIPTERE - NOS BELLES "PLUMES" DU TEMPS PASSE.

Note that, if I continue to draw my models under Autocad, the cards are now colorized under Illustrator, so a vectorization from one end to the other of the chain with all the advantages that this implies. Those who build my models at a higher scale (not too much anyway) will appreciate it.

Thank you for your interest in my approach of reviving some interestings moments of french aeronautic.

Best regards
Google Adsense