PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 05-25-2021, 04:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
Thanks, Charlie, not sure how I missed this one when it was released but very much appreciate you ,making it available like this...
I just did some simple, though tedious IT stuff - kudos belongs to Maurice who found the Ki-21 model on that obscure Polish file sharing site.

Andrew Inwald has released a number of exceptional models over the last few years - I wonder if any of his other models have vanished like Ki-21. Perhaps there should be an Inwald repository on papermodelers to ensure they don't get lost.

Charlie
Old 05-25-2021, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Thanks Charlie.

No great effort or time was involved on my part. For any who are interested in the power of search engines these days, I simply put the term "Mitsubishi Ki-21 Sally, Skala 1:33" in google search, read down 9 or 10 entries, clicked, and there it was.

Did you know you can often work out who has one on their childish "Ignore list" simply by their obvious ignorance of what one has posted. Unable to just get over it they sometimes miss out on information that could be useful to them. Silly people.
Old 05-25-2021, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Maurice -

I hope you will accept my apologies for failing to acknowledge your work in locating this excellent model and making the link available to the Forum community.

In my efforts to identify the units to which the original aircraft belonged, I suffered a kind of target fixation and simply referred to the last post (Charlie's) in the thread.

I deeply regret my thoughtlessness.

Meanwhile, I continue to search for the aviation unit to which the "Hard Camo" Ki-21 belonged. I have sent a message to Andrew Inwald and am awaiting an answer.

Best wishes and thanks for your contributions to the Forum and to paper modeling.

Don

Last edited by Don Boose; 05-25-2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
I found that if you Google “Inwald Card Models” you will find most of his models.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Don

I'll accept your apologies but only if you'll accept my absolutely grovelling apologies for making you even think you had any need to apologize - which you did not.

I fully realized both you and Charlie had a bit of "target fixation" on the thread, thought it was amusing, and was trying to extract humor from that.

In fact you have both done much more work than me in this thread and, over time, have made much more substantial and consistent contributions to the forum.

Best wishes
Maurice

@Fred

Indeed you will find that
Thanks for suggesting it.
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2021, 02:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for closing the loop, Maurice.

I have written to Andrew Inwald asking him to identify the unit. I have also raised the question in the J-Aircraft forum (Login).

I've been through all the references available to me, and have searched the Internet without success. The numerals 8 and 2 indicate that the aircraft belonged to the 2nd sub unit of the 8th unit, but not only did the 8th Hikōsentai not fly Ki-21s (as far as I know), their tail marking was quite different (as far as I know). I hope someone will eventually solve the mystery.

I also hope someone builds this beautiful model. I am considering it, but believe it is beyond my skill and patience level.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Ki-21 Sally by Andrew Inwald-inwald_model_ki-21-ii-ko_white_tail_marking.jpg  
Old 05-26-2021, 05:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
The issue with Andrew Inwald's Ki-21 model does raise an issue which happens all too often - that models get lost because the underlying software infrastructure is too fragile to maintain files for long periods of time. Even papermodels like the 1:200 Hindenberg airship would have been gone forever if it weren't for the squirrels among us.

There is an emerging technology which may resolve all of these issues at a stroke. It's called IPFS (Interplanetary File System) and uses distributed storage across many machines to maintain copies of files. There already is support for ipfs in some browsers which seems to work well. You can read about this at IPFS Powers the Distributed Web.

Charlie
Old 05-27-2021, 08:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 470.35 MB
My thanks to Maurice for finding the files on an obscure site, Charlie for combining them, and Don for the wonderful information.

Most of the Inwald models can be found by looking through his threads on Konradus (under “kangaroo”) — some he’s released, others he hasn’t but they are all beautifully rendered. I just happened to miss this one when it came out. He also has an H-21 coming out soon from the looks of it.

Sergio
Old 05-27-2021, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Oh, wow...!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ki-21 Sally by Andrew Inwald-3a00a6d8c1f3035b.jpg  
Old 05-27-2021, 06:09 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
That looks spectacular
sorely missing in the paper world
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense