PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 07-30-2022, 10:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 558.93 MB
Looking for original designer of CityElefant model

Note to moderators - please move this to the appropriate thread if this isn't the right one. Thank you.

Several years ago, I came across an approximately HO-scale paper model of one of Skoda's CityElefant trainsets as operated by Czech Railways. I've reproduced a reduced-size version of one of the pages below. When I search online now, I've can find photographs of the model as assembled, but I can't find the original files or any mention of someone designing it.

While trying to find the original, I also came across enough prototype information that I decided to do an update of the model to make it more accurate (for my own enjoyment). I'd like to find the original designer (assuming they're still around) so that I can ask permission to share my updated version with others who might also enjoy it. The model pages are labelled in Czech, and the three cars in the train are marked as "MT1", "MT2", and "MT3", which I assume is a reference to the designer's initials or name. While this is similar to how the models released by the Minimodel.sk site are marked, that's also clearly not the source for this model - they have a smaller-scale version that's a completely different design.

Does anyone on the forum recognize the model and know who the designer is? If so, is there a way to contact them?

Thanks in advance,

Joshua
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for original designer of CityElefant model-mt1_471powercar.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-31-2022, 12:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.53 GB
The author is Michal Rozínek. He could be found on the old Minibox.webz.cz-site. Only to be found with the wayback-machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070212.../MRmodely.html

>Vlak >Souprava ČD 471

I think you can ask the makers of the Minimodel.sk site (https://www.minimodel.sk/en/). Normaly they are very friendly and answer to questions. Good luck!

Tilman