Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 05-17-2023, 09:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Neat designs!

Wyvern
Old 05-18-2023, 06:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Awesome flights!

What angle of incidence do use on these?

I tried several years ago on using cardstock, they sure don't fly as well as the copy paper and tape method you use.

Thank you for sharing.

Mike
Old 05-19-2023, 02:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
That’s absolutely fantastic. You must have spent quite some time changing, tweeking, and redesigning the model. Hats off yo you!
Would be great if you could make a Fouga Magister - it occurred to me that the straighter wing glides better. But maybe in cardstock the length would cause it to flex and I’m sure the V tail would be tricky too….
Great video as well by the way.
Alan
Old 05-19-2023, 02:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.12 MB
Thank you, guys, really!

About angle of incidence, I usually build the fuselage around the wing, and I give angle for the horizontal stabilizer. The angle is different between the models, and I also give extra curve for the hor.stab, if it is necessary. In effect, it makes "greater" the angle. This setup is also depend on center of gravity, and for example flap setup.
I also think, this depend on the geometry of the model. F-84E and A-10 are also straight wing airplanes. F-84 does not need any angle, just a minimal curve. I built the A-10 also without any angle, and it needed a lot of elevator setup. ( I will re-design it anyway. )

About designing, indeed, it is always a lot of test. I usualy build first a non-flyable mock-up, and test to fit part to it. Sometimes I "cheat" a little bit, to make the plane's flight pefrormance better, however, I also try to make this not very spectaculary.
And I have always ideas, how to improve existing models.

Magister would be a great project, however my list is almost endless :D
At this moment, I'm designing a Gloster Meteor F8. I love these early english jets.
I'm affraid of the wing resistant of the nacelles, but it is a really nice plane, so I have to try it! I will cheat with the nacelles diameter.

I also work on an FW-190. I made it in 1/72, however it doesn't fly so good, so I will test it in a bigger scale, maybe 1/50, or 1/55. Scale also important in flyable models.
And I also have a Viggen project. I made a demo plane. It flew great, but I have to work on it's appearance a lot, to be more realistic.
I show this plane in this video from 2.30:
Development diary #2 - YouTube
Old 07-27-2023, 01:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.57 GB
Very nice fliers, and impressive that you're doing your own designs! I'm trying to adapt static models to be gliders... also in 1/72 scale for fighters like the A-4. I was looking at 1/87, but I think that would just be too small to both get sufficient detail and also make it glide well.
Google Adsense
Old 09-13-2023, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynoldsSlumber View Post
Very nice fliers, and impressive that you're doing your own designs! I'm trying to adapt static models to be gliders... also in 1/72 scale for fighters like the A-4. I was looking at 1/87, but I think that would just be too small to both get sufficient detail and also make it glide well.
Hi! Thank you for your comment! Sorry for late response.
I 'm in a little time pressure now, but I scrolled your thread, I see, you thinked a lot about flyable static models idea, and also made several experiment, congratulation!

Your skyhawk looks beautifull!
When I designed my own, I made several compromise, to keep it easy to build.
I also "cheated" with the fuselage aft part. If you see a 3 view photo, the fuselage upper contour line slope downward, at aft. It would require on my model to build it from two-piece at least.
The vertical stabilizer with the hor-stab connect to that, and I affraided, with a not enough precious build, peoples would fix the tail in a wrong angle of attack, so I made it straight lined. This required some cheat also on the vertical stabilizer, to keep the silhouette.
Can't wait to go into your thread deeper soon!

Peter
Old 09-13-2023, 06:03 PM

Thanks Peter, and neat to know about the development details of your Skyhawk. Deciding what to simplify and make lighter is indeed the tricky part about flying scale models.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:32 PM

Dear all!

I would like to share with you my latest project!
I haven't built the models in all colours , so paint missmatch is possible between parts.
Usually, you can download and build it, everything you need is in the link, of the video description.
MiG-29 3D paper model, that flies! - YouTube
Old 10-03-2023, 07:07 PM

Nice stable flights! And that flip loop is ready for an air show
Old 10-04-2023, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.77 GB
Nice models! My nephew and I love 'em!
Google Adsense