PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 09-21-2023, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.48 MB
The Ancient Greek Temple - A 2012 Model Revised

This paper model of an Ancient Greek Temple was published here on the blog in March 2012. Then, with the massive virus attack that the blog suffered in 2019, almost two thousand posts had to be deleted and recreated from scratch.

In the process, I lost the templates for this temple that were hosted on the once-reliable Rapidshare (in fact, I lost many of the original templates at that time).

But last week, looking through old CDs and pendrives, I ended up finding a folder with the original templates for this model. In addition to the templates, I also found several photos with the temple assembly.

Today I leave the templates for anyone who wants to download. I revised the sheets and added some texts indicating where each piece goes and some tips for better finishing.

The Greek Temple was entirely made in MsPaint and is very easy to assemble, with just a few pieces, suitable for school work or wargames.

I combined everything into a single PDF, thus eliminating the possibility of printing the sheets at different scales. Tomorrow I'll post photos of the assembly.

As always, downloading is easy and safe, directly from Google Drive. Have fun!

Link: The Ancient Greek Temple - A 2012 Papermau Original Model - Revised Version
Google Adsense
Old 10-09-2023, 04:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
Definitely it needed at least a bunch of small paper angles glued to the back of each column to secure their straightness...
Attached Thumbnails
The Ancient Greek Temple - A 2012 Model Revised-columns-reinforcement.jpg  
Old 10-09-2023, 04:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Rather than angle I would suggest channel formed from scrap card. I found it easier to make straight, even channels than angles.
Keep in mind "grain" of card sheets. It usually goes parallel to long end of sheets but there are rare exceptions.

Good model. Back in 1800s there was a vogue of building all sorts of building based on this basic design, starting from huge government buildings down to tiny mausoleums found on old cemeteries.

Thank you.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:38 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Great kit!

Much appreciated. A nice revision and I can't wait to download it.

I always like your kits!

Tags
archictecture, buildings, greek, papermau, roman