PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 11-26-2010, 09:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Janx, that's very nice looking.
About how long is it and the scale?
Old 11-27-2010, 05:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.45 MB
Ken, do you have the danoman's assemby instructions which could spare? Or a link to them? I found the model but not the instructons.
Thanks
Old 11-27-2010, 09:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.15 MB
Hi Tommygun, I gave the model to a friend as a present, if I remember right its about 12-14 inches long, not sure on the scalen though. I will dig the files out and check.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 398.13 MB
Hey guys, Danoman here...

If i recall it was about 14 inches long when completed. Wow, this was 8 full years ago that I had gotten with Scott about his creation there. Was fun to do the textures on it i must say. Had thought a few months back about making a re-do of them in a little higher resolution and adding some shading to make it a little 'rounder' around the spine of the craft. Anyhow...

This was a really fun model to put together... gonna' do another one. (our move from Maine wasn't all that friendly to it...RIP) Lol...!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Welcome. I'd be glad to see your new take on this model.
Google Adsense
Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 PM

Yeah... it'll be fun.

I'd like to get with Scott and see about scaling both up and down some... in the larger sizes, there are some details that can be added. (Also, possibly see about re-working the nose some and smooth out the polys to make it a little more rounded)

Oh, as i'd never had the chance to say this when i did the texturing way back in the day... i used Testers steel paint on the propulsion nozzles to give them a little more sheen than they came out on my original 'steel' paint-up.

Anyway, this will be fun to get into again and do some things to make it a little more realistic looking as it's sitting in it's display spot. Been thinking about applying some lighting to a few areas with some brushed/smoked plastic in the window areas and adding a cockpit as well.

If any of you would post some ideas that you'd like to see additional to be applied to the model, PM me and let me know. I will still need to get a hold of Scott before i am able to do too much to the build as he is the designer of the original model but, as far as the art applied, the rest i'm able to do so long as it's not manipulating the 'original' design before i'm able to clear it with him first.

Danoman...
Old 11-30-2012, 06:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
Wow, as it is I think it looks awesome!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 PM

I appreciate that mcusanelli but, i believe i can do it much better than it was 8 years ago.
Hope you all approve...
Old 11-30-2012, 07:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
Then it's gonna be one helluv a good model! I'd really love to build an Eagle, so I will be following your progress. I love the graphics on the 'tubes' area, very cool.
I think it's important to keep something like this area simple to construct. I'm getting to the point in life where I have less time for this kind of fun, and I find it really nice to be able to build a model that looks great, but doesn't involve, for instance, rolling a thousand little tubes! I hope I'm not alone in feeling this way, so could I request that if you do re-do this, can you include some simple alternate parts? I hate asking for things, especially when someone has given a model freely, so I hope you'll excuse an enthusiastic overgrown (50 year old) kid!
Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 PM

Thank you mcusanelli...

I agree with you about the 'tubes'... scaled WAY up, not so much an issue but, in small form, just a little to tedious to keep straight and uniform on the spine of this particular one.

I'm planning on using the illusion effect on it actually... using shades of depth in grey scale over the white overlay. The textures are going to be in high res though, so the size of the download will be MUCH larger than it originally was. the more depth in the textures, the more real the appearance and better the out come will be on a finished product. The computing power and our printers are capable of a lot more than they were 8 years ago so, the level of depth can be a little easier done now than than it was back in the day when this was done before.

I absolutely don't want anyone to be bothered or not want to say anything about what to ask for. Each opinion makes a better model and their opinions or their desires on what you are going to be spending many hours building and even more enjoying your efforts and time in building this, i want to make sure you look back and say, wow... it was worth ALL the time it took to build it. It matters...!!!

This particular model has a special place for me... i grew up watching that show and always wanted to build one to play in. (didn't help that my grandfather worked for NASA at the time and lived in Titusville, Fl) I sincerely concider myself the lucky one to be able to do something for those that shared my same enthusiastic view of as it was when i was a kid. (yep, we never grow up...) LOL
Google Adsense