PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 01-14-2011, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi Ironcladman,

What is drawing protector?

Most of my rockets do not need recovery systems, they have replaceable nosecones, just print and replace as needed.

The newer "high performance" versions have an air pocket that acts as a shock absorber for the really hard landings.

High performance and a test rocket set will soon be added to ecardmodels.

What kind of pressure release for the parachutes? Weight is an issue with these, most recovery systems won't work, so very curious about this.

I did design a recovery streamer system, but never used it.

Thank you for the interest!

Thanks AirDave! Healing quite-well from the surgery! Computer should be working soon as well.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Old 01-15-2011, 12:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi,

mbauer:

Drawing protector is a spray coat that protects your drawings from finger prints, dirt, water, light, etc. it is like a clear coat. I am looking for it in my drawing stuff and as soon as I find it I will post a pic. I mainly started using it because we would go to launches early in the morning and the doooooo would still be on the grass at the launchsites or front lawn, and our rockets kept getting mushy or colors would run. If I build something I like to play with it for a longtime.

The only reason I mention recovery systems is because over the years I have seen some OOOwwwches, when rockets come back ballistic and kids try to catch them (it took me only doing it once to stop), and NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY...DON'T DO THAT! They still do that! We are researching the gene for that! So we require a recovery system in any rocket we build and fly just for the safety reasons and to differentiate it from fireworks or a missile. (Parents, Emergency Personnel, Law Enforcement, Military, Government, etc...like that it makes them feel safe.)

The pressure release is the same types we use on WaterRockets and AirRockets, spring or press fit, the aerodynamic release works great because it is light, and when you are launching light rockets they tend to ascend, stop, and start to back down which opens the chute. If a rocket follows a ballistic arc flight path it needs a recovery system. But like you said if it tumble recovers that is Ok, tumble recovery is a form of recovery too!

Weight is an issue for lighter and smaller rockets, but hey we microtized them compooter thingys, we can shrink anything!

Sincerely,
Rocketman (alias Ironcladman)
Old 01-15-2011, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcladman View Post
Drawing protector is a spray coat that protects your drawings from finger prints, dirt, water, light, etc. it is like a clear coat.
I believe he is referring to "Fixative"

yes, many of us use that already.
we also use a number of spray clears and protectants.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi,

airdave:

Yep, that's it, and another name for it. I also use an epoxy clear coat on my paper boats so that we can float them in the water and they don't mush.

Sincerely,
Rocketman (alias Ironcladman)