PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews > Freshly Unpacked

Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Watched a program about the I-400 and this Type Submarine. Learned a great deal about this craft, but what I found the most interesting, the US Navy destroyed them to keep the technology from failing into the wrong hands. Seems this sub was way more than they expected and after study, decided they want the secrets for them alone!

I was surprised to see where if they had of had Atomic weapons, this thing could have slipped in, opened up, launched her AC and hit where ever they wanted. Makes one think, get the similarity to another type Sub that can do the same thing?

I for am really looking forward to this one.

Rick
Old 02-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Eternal Member

Arrow Check this out.....

The Sen-Toku Raid Then, throw in a nuke or two....
Old 02-10-2011, 06:10 PM

How about showing us the kit?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.63 GB
Japanese WW2 era nuclear weapon program never went beyond laboratory stage, and starting heavy water production at a Korean hydro-electric facility. They began too late and did not have the industrial and financial resources to successfully pursue such a program to completion.
On the other hand they were supposed to have developed some very nasty biological and chemical weapons, which would have gone into 2nd generation balloon bombs.

(The German atomic bomb designers made a wrong assumption about atomic cross section or made calculation error which hindered their progress so they never got beyond building an atomic pile.
They did have terrifying chemical weapons, which they did not use because they mistakenly believed the US had reached a similar stage of chemical weapon development and they were afraid of retaliation in kind if they used their chemical weapons.
Also after the war Goering is supposed to have said one reason they did not use chemical weapons was that the Wermacht still relied heavily on horse drawn transport, particularly on the Eastern Front, and they could not protect their own horses from chemical weapons.
German nerve gas killed two British technicians, who were doing post war cleanup.)
Old 03-23-2011, 09:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
The aircraft from these subs were to be armed with anthrax fragmentation bombs.

Between 1932 and 1945 Japanese experiments included testing biological weapons on humans, and they attacked 11 Chinese cities with biological weapons. The Japanese program was headed by Lt. Gen. Shiro Ishii.

From 1938-1945 Ishii carried out experiments using POW's, including US forces at the Mukden POW Camp. Ishii directed Unit 731, the secret Japanese unit engaged in human experimentation. Ishii was initially given command of the "Togo Unit".

Open air testing on prisoners was conducted at the the officially named "Water Purification Unit 731" at Pingfan near Harbin.

Source - Peter Williams and David Wallace, Unit 731: Japan's Secret Biological Warfare in World War II (New York: Free Press, 1989)
Info about Unit 731 -> http://www.google.ca/search?q=wwii+a...&start=10&sa=N

Last edited by B-Manic; 03-23-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Eternal Member

I love Alternative History! I also watched the NGeoCh special on the I-400, etc. Leaving aside the "weaponization " potential, what if (for example) the ME-262 or the I-400 had been deployed even 2 years earlier?

I also like appropriate outcomes.

JR
Old 03-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Eternal Member

B-Manic:

Read "Sen-Toku Raid" which posits precisely this scenario; there are also a couple of alt.history sites that posit IJN strikes on ECNA.

JR