PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews > Freshly Unpacked

Old 03-31-2011, 11:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I wonder if you could adapt the "innards" of the one model into the other?
The larger scale bus has internal bracing that won't allow an interior. What I considered (for my own personal project) was to scan the Schreiber kit, overlay the passenger van windows onto the scan, and add the DeLuxe Samba trim. I'd probably make it a 21 window vs. the 23 window (the curved rearmost windows in the "C" pillar if it can be called that,) but it also could be built as the Kombi, which didn't have roof windows or the DeLuxe body trim. The upper roof windows wouldn't be able to be cut out due to the internal bracing in the the roof section. The middle and rearmost seats would have to be designed and crafted. The Schreiber model also depicts a mid '60s van, where the passenger van is a '56. The Schreiber scan could be repainted into the chestnut brown/sealing wax red, then the front turn signals could be deleted, and the rear taillights changed to the early round ones rather than the later elongated "oval" ones. That would be the only way I can see building a passenger bus with an interior.