PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews > Freshly Unpacked

Old 05-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Impressive - will certainly give them a try!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
I have both of those. You will find the Staghound to be a difficult model to build. As you know I don't do many winge thingies but the Helldiver, and the Ju88-1 are models that I would like to build. I also have to say that I would like to build any thing published by Halinski.

If you get some free time I would like hear your opinion of the Orlik kits. I have only seen one and it appears that Orlik is publishing top notch kits.

Jim
Old 06-01-2012, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
gotta give orlik a lot of credit,they are my "go to" store now just cant beat the prices

as for orlik as a publisher all of the kits i have are very high quality with exellent printing,way above modeliks standard
Old 06-01-2012, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Quite a haul!

Wyvern
Old 06-01-2012, 05:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.96 MB
You got an nice collection of models for a decent price. Does anyone have a good source for Orlik that accepts Paypal and is friendly for US ordering? Thanks Sean
Google Adsense
Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Yup guys, I said it before, but I guess I'll say it again -

I'll never order from any paper model shop [the ones that sell pre-printed kits], unless that
shop is Orlik.

Haha Peter! That's a good one! No, not a vendor, but that would surely make things easier for us on the West Coast huh? Again, I'm not aiming to be a vendor, but I am looking to fueling some sort of online Papermodel competition this winter - probably focused on either air or armor, something like that. I've got one more order [my last large one for myself] before I've gotten every kit I've ever wanted - probably somewhere in August...

But after that, I'm planning to do host some small online paper competitions with a modest prize pool running 4 times a year with 3 month periods. I know this sounds ambitious and all, but I can't help but feeling the competition subforum is rather anemic at the moment, and perhaps revitalizing it might drive more active participation in the forums?

Jim,

Ah yes, the Staghound! Particularly model pages 5 and 6 scare me to death, I believe
the parts arrangement play into an intimidation factor. As for the H-Diver and JU-88, I was inspired to purchase these two by Topgan44 and Michal D's H-Diver builds, and by our very own Wilfried's JU-88 build. When I see you at Orangecon this year, I'll give you the H-Diver, on the count that you will make a build thread of it - much like you will make a build thread of that Firefly :D

Orlik publishes good quality and unique models. A lot of their models, as you can already tell, are rare subjects. I don't own many Orlik kits, so I can't give you the best, informed opinion, but I can tell you what I know. Of the kits I own - mind you these are only Orlik's aviation kits - I can say that Orlik's models have excellent print quality. Colors are nice and solid. Their most impressive printing is on their 'chalk' [metallic] kits. I own Orlik's XF-85, and the metallic print job is on par, if not better than Halinski's P-51D.

The kits they choose to publish have a good sense of realism. I believe the only thing that sets them apart from say, Halinski, is the weathering. On Orlik kits, there is next to no weathering on the kits, perhaps some subtle shading here and there. (Honestly, I'm just fine with this - it gives me great opportunities to try weathering without the printer's aid).

As for the build itself, I can't comment too much on this. I've recently started the Orlik Airco DH.6 - much due to Tomek's inspiring build - to prepare myself in building Orlik's larger, more detailed models the Sopwith Triplane and SE.5A in the very near future. But so far on the Skyhook, I've had to trim one former and am not sure what to do with another one. But besides that, it looks to be an excellent design.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Sean,

Orlik can be found here:

ORLIK - Model Kartonowy

They accept paypal and are - I feel - the most friendly place to order from.
Make sure to show us what you got!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange View Post
Yup guys, I said it before, but I guess I'll say it again -
As for the build itself, I can't comment too much on this. I've recently started the Orlik Airco DH.6 - much due to Tomek's inspiring build - to prepare myself in building Orlik's larger, more detailed models the Sopwith Triplane and SE.5A in the very near future. But so far on the Skyhook, I've had to trim one former and am not sure what to do with another one. But besides that, it looks to be an excellent design.
Your right about the Airco DH.6 being a nice kit. Have that in the stash, and will be looking forward to seeing photos of your build.. Tomek's build was a beauty..
Old 06-11-2012, 05:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.96 MB
Thank you for the link and I will be sure to post.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Hey guys, it's been a while since my last post, and I would've loved this
post to be related to a build of some sort. Perhaps during the winter vacation!
I never thought that I'd find myself unable to build for prolonged amounts,
and it's definitely hit me hard.

There's a good amount of Orlik in here, but there's also some other stuff that
I decided to just throw in since I feel they're significant. [I wasn't able to
upload a picture from the collegeboard (AP) indicating the AP scholar
achievement. It's not exactly the goblet of academic awards, but it did
significantly take a lot of preparation to achieve, and I am proud of it!]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As always, Orlik's shipping was quick, and if it weren't for the hold up at
customs, it would have taken 7 days. The packing again contained a great
amount of styro-foam and plastic wrap as a means of protection.

Also, notice that a majority of kits are from Halinski (made me feel guilty that
I ordered so much of Halinski instead of Orlik this time through!). I say again,
Orlik will get what you want for the lowest cost and highest quality in shipping speed and customer communication.

Next time around, I'll be ordering models from Orlik for a contest/group build (?) that I plan to host during the winter. Do keep track of that!
[My way of giving back/saying thanks to the community before disappearing due to college D: ]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally an airbrush ;D (Of course, my main purpose for buying the airbrush was
for coating my paper models But just in case I finish that, I picked up some
aircraft that I fancy, but aren't too represented well in paper model form. So I went
with the next alternative).

The PZL-130 Orlik (by Orlik publishing company - talk about synchronizing!?) was provided
as a freebie by Orlik (thanks again Orlik!)

And definitely the kits I most anticipated...

I'm still not happy with the price point, but I've looked high and low, and I think Halinski's MiG-29A exceeds every other MiG-29A kit on the market.

[/quote]
Old 09-22-2012, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Thumbs up

I did post the following as a very late addition to this thread here, but this place seems like a more appropriate spot to put in a mention for Orlik ......

Quote:
..... I thought I would just put in a good word for Orlik in Poland.

I have just received, in quick succession, 2 orders I made directly with Orlik and inside the second order they have included a free copy of this delightful little 1/33 HL-2 "Haroldek" model. Great customer service and the packaging for both orders was very good - well protected and done with some ingenuity and thought.

I don't wish this to sound like advertising - it isn't - I just want to draw attention to folk who obviously care for their business. A big thumbs up for Orlik!
I have also placed one other order, in the past, with another card model maker in Poland, WAK. Good value and great models.
Google Adsense