PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews > Freshly Unpacked

Old 07-30-2009, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Thumbs up New acquisitions from Poland

Having started to build the Modelik Udarnyj from the downloadable pages on the Modelik website, I felt that I should in good conscience actually buy the model. Due to the postage required Poland-NZ, I felt that I should also maximise the postage to get the best bang ofr buck so last night the following models arrived in the mail (along with my wife's new Wii so there was no adverse dometic reaction to 'yet more models'...):
  • Modelik Udarnyj Monitor...more details in the build thread where it is being upsized to 1/72. Apart from the former templates, there was only one page of parts that was not already downloadable from the Modelik site and I am still amazed that Modelik have released these sheet online.
  • Modelik Blohm & Voss P.210 Volksjager. This was a toss up between this and the Me-329 and in the end I decided to take the plunge and go for the 210 because I had seen nothing on it at all in the various fourms but it looked cool. The model is very cool with detailed cockpit, cannon bays, undercarriage bays and jet pipes (both ends) bu I do think that Modelik need to focus a bit more on their instructions as it is not clear at all how the cannon bays are displayed open. Build thread to follow when I finish one of the currnet projects.
  • Answer IJN Kitakami. I have been eying this one up for a while and really like what I found in the 'box' - originally I was lining this up for an upsize as well but even in 1/200 it will be 81cm long which is big enough for me - although a torpedo boat, it is actually a cruiser and I was immediately attracted to the five torpedo 'turrets' (each with four tubes) along each side, with 4 single gun turrets forward. The instructions seem fairly intuitive and the only changes I am thunking of making are making the rail tracks to each torpedo turret more 3D, adding some more detail inside each gun turret e.g. ammo racks if I can find some references, adding internal surfaces to all the turrets as these currently only show the base side of the card i.e. white card, and perhaps showing some torpedoes in the tubes and on watever rail carts were used to transport them from the magazines (assuming reference pics cna be found.
All in all a good little haul. I purchased online from model-hobby.pl and am totoally satisfied with their service. the order was placed on 20 july and arrived last night; Postage to NZ was 18 euros for the three models although I had to juggle the models I wanted to keep it at this level e.g. selecting the Fly Surcouf instead of the p.210 increased the postage to the enxt step of some 30+ euros.

Assuming domestic approval I will be purchasing again from this supplier.
Google Adsense
Old 06-09-2010, 02:51 PM

My main project at the moment remains the big Vulcan but, once my re-enlistment goes through, I expect to be spending at least a couple of nights a week away from home without internet access. I thought this would be a great opportunity to progress some of my paper projects...one of the ones that I'd like to do some work on is the Answer Kitakami but as above, I'd really like some more information of some of the detail around the gun and torpedo turrets.

So far my internet searches haven't turned up any reference books on Kitakami as a torpedo cruiser and the builds I have found are for the 1/700 Pitroad model and lack the level of detail I'm after...just wondering if anyone out there has built this model, or could point me to any builds online or reference material...?

Any pointers very much appreciated...
Old 06-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
ok - I gotta ask - you are satisfied with 11 months delivery time? that or it arrived about 1 month before you ordered it which is awesome! Assuming wrong date of order entered

Looking forward to the builds maybe Carl or Barry will have some info!
Chris
Old 06-09-2010, 04:19 PM

I will always reorder from any source that can deliver a month before I order!!!! Nope, the original post is from 31 July 09 so the delivery time down under from Poland was only 11 days from my order date of 20 July 09...my best time so far has been ten days direct from Orel (and only US$10 for post), my worst 3 months + from Orlik...