PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > FSPM Lounge

Old 04-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Who this club is for.... EVERYONE

I am starting this Chapter with the intent it be focused on paper modelers (see how I call it paper all the time now - wonder why that is....) IPMS has welcomed us into their group and given I am going to be making this an official IPMS chapter we should also allow plastic builders to join and discuss in this part of the forums. They should be able to particiapte in shows and contests (yes I have ideas for VIRTUAL shows and contests). This can be a proving ground for concepts that can be utilized in non virtual clubs to show how we can integrate into current IPMS systems.

I am not saying we go out and try to recruit people from plastic only forums to come and join us but I am SURE word will get around as to what we are doing here and people will be curious. I want to make sure they are welcomed into the group as the IPMS folks have welcomed us into their shows and chapters. I am also sure that many people here have done a plastic model or two and would like to enter it!

What this WONT be is a place for build threads and stuff like that - those still belong in their respective forums - final pics are of course welcomed here but I dont want to change the intent of the papermodelers.com website by introducing different styles of modeling (meaning other than paper) to the main areas of this site.

Once we have the main website up and running that will be the place to show off pictures and such, pm.com will always remain our main discussion ground. Well so long as I dont wear out my welcome :D
Chris
Old 04-29-2010, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Chris, this sounds like a spot to highlight multimedia models. A while back I purchased a 1:32 scale F-16 plastic model from Ebay that, on arrival, revealed it was missing a few minor parts....like the fuselage. One of my planned projects is to do a hybrid model based on a paper kit, adapting as many of the plastic parts as possible (like weapons, cockpit, electronics bays, etc.) into the build (thus keeping the Ebay purchase from being a total loss). This would be a much more appropriate forum than the "other things we do" one.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Sounds good since I am a model railroader mining papermodelers.com for new ideas and techniques .. I am quite open to using anything that 'works' .. plastic, brass, paper ...
Old 04-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
I can agree with that
Chris