PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > FSPM Lounge

Old 09-16-2010, 05:58 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Upcoming show

Chris,

My local club has a show coming up Oct. 02. Did anything ever develop for the flyer? I'm not sure I'm entering, but I am going to have a set of display models at a minimum.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
No, sorry - no one stepped up to assist :( thats not long before the show! Anyone else in the area?
Chris
Old 09-17-2010, 12:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi all,
I am a graphic designer and already did some stuff for the various papercraft workshops that I leaded last year in my city.
You can see a poster and a bookmarker I designed for that here and here. In this case all the material had to be focused on papercraft aviation, since we were sponsored by an aeronautical bookshop.

Well, I would love to do that flyer with Chris guidance and advice on the content... is that alright? I could specifically prepare it to end up as a PDF, both for easy download and quality print.
Warm regards to all.

Last edited by Mauri; 09-17-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Image too large
Old 09-17-2010, 02:37 AM
Design Admin

Hey Mauri, that would be great Did a GREAT job on that - it looks awesome

For a flyer we would want it to outline the basic principle behind card modeling, score, cut fold etc. Include links to some favorite sites, free, commercial and forums.
Also include some nice photos of a couple freebies with links and nicer commercial kits with links.

Nothing too fancy as we just want to get the basics across to the reader
Old 09-18-2010, 04:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi all,
Well, I will see what I can do, but in my opinion with a 3 column flyer we cannot put that much information, such as history or so... as mentioned, we need something short and straight to the point. I t has to capture attention and the best way to do that is by pictures.

So my suggestion is: Brief description, categories, free & pay, tools and then links suggesting "if you want to learn more...". No history details on the flyer itself, for example. People don't like to read a lot nowadays, and if they do, a flyer is not the proper place...

Someone mentioned logos. Can anyone point me to them?

I also need to mention that english is not my mother tongue, so please don't hesitate to correct me or suggest better way to say things, as my written english might not be good enough.

Finally, I tend to use international standards, so for me a flyer is an A4 divided in 3. I guess you are not talking about this size, do you?

Ehem... any deadline?
Google Adsense
Old 09-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Design Admin

Hey Mauri - I have show I am attending on oct 15 and ray has his show oct 2. I know thats pretty close though. I attached what I have already that was made by Pawel Opala, just a starting point and it needs some link updating too.
Thanks!
Chris
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Paper Model Flyer.pdf (153.3 KB, 32 views)
Old 09-18-2010, 08:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
hey chris your site isn't on the flyer under commercial sites
Old 09-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Design Admin

yep - thats one MAJOR update I also have it in pub format which I cant modify on my computer so I cant really fix it myself!
Thanks for noting it
Chris
Old 09-19-2010, 01:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
I think a variety of top quality examples should be images on flyer, not just aircraft which wouldnt give the right impression of its more general appeal. ships, architecture, human or animal figure and i recommend a pop culture papercraft example such as super Mario and pokemon, or current news papercraft such as an Obama caracature. Things to show the variety. Don't have to be big , just present on the flyer (kind of like a supporting cast on a movie poster). Theres many stunning things to choose from.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Design Admin

Thats a great idea Thanks!
Chris