PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > FSPM Lounge

Old 05-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Making a paper model flyer for shows...

Hey!
Once a long long time ago several people worked together to make a paper model flyer that gave info on what the hobby was about, good links to sites, how to make a model, what was needed etc etc.

If ANYONE has that flyer and can send it my way it would be appreciated - if no one has one we need to make one

I was thinking like a three column flyer that can be folded and put into an envelope if needed
Thanks!
Chris
Old 05-08-2010, 06:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.39 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanShort
One thing to remember... sometimes less is more. Keep the flyer short, simple, and to the point. Don't overload it with information.

Ryan
Old 05-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.38 MB
I agree that if the old one can't be found a new one should be made. Just needs to be a quick overview and maybe some links and of course some photos to get the excitement going.

This has got me thinking.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.98 MB
Chris, i just came to think of a thing for ecardmodels
how about a "starter kit" - a simple preprinted model, and some tools for $x
instant beginner kit that can be built right away + coupon for rebate or another free model(simple kind)

for the flyer, i wuld like to suggest tips on tools, how to's, glueng tips - stuff like that
as for pics - pics of beginner, intermediate and various expert builds (like Jan Kytop's 1/200 scale planes and Doris' marvellous ship)
Old 05-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Design Admin

I have been considering that since I opened the shop (the starter kit) but I really dont want to get into mailing stuff out. Now if someone want to make something like that and sell it through my shop that would be great

good ideas for the flyer too guys
Chris
Old 05-09-2010, 09:08 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Chris,

send a pm to Pawel Opala, username popala, he created for the Convention a flyer talking about the history, and some of the better stocked websites.

you might want to talk to him
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Design Admin

Sweet! thats the one I was thinking of as I recall
Chris
Old 05-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Sounds like you need a tri-fold, three columns on each side of the paper, landscape orientation.
Col 1/cover: IPMS and FSPM logos and contact urls
Col 2: quick historical intro to paper models, micro-models, cereal box, eastern European/Asian era, today, basic tool kit (card, scissors, hobby knife, straight edge, glue).
Col 3: pictures of various categories (big enough to see some detail), armour/vehicle, sci-fi mecha or spaceship, rocket or space probe, figure, architecture, each probably needs a third of a column for decent detail ...
Col 4/5: quick build example, if Chip would be willing something like the mini Cub freebee (business card size) with the instruction sheet as well. (column four ends up as the back cover, so need something flashy like the model sheets). This provides an example, basic how-to, and could be a kind of Cracker-Jacks prize.
Col 6: one more picture, the FSPM logo, and links to a selection of free and for-sale sites (gonna be a dog-fight to see who gets listed...or maybe put up a links site to cover as many as possible?).
Yogi
Old 05-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Design Admin

great ideas!
Thanks
Chris
Old 05-12-2010, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Library flyer

For a very small display at the La Marque, Texas, library, I whipped out this one-page explanation:

Paper Modeling

This hobby is gaining popularity around the world, thanks to home computers. As builders print out parts themselves, they have personal control over scale, paper weight, and paper color.
The huge range of subjects includes: aircraft; animals; buildings and monuments; cartoon and human figures; geometric solids; plants; ships; science fiction vessels; toys, games, and puzzles; vehicles of all types
Paper models can be simple enough for small children, but many are challenging for adults.
Paper models are forgiving in case of a mistake that would ruin a wooden or plastic model, you merely print replacement pieces.
Hundreds of designs are available on line as free downloads. Thousands more models are available at modest prices both downloads and pre-printed kits.
An excellent source of information, tips, discussion, and free downloads is www.papermodelers.com. Be sure to see the gallery’s impressive photos of completed models.
Also visit Canon’s Creative Park (http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/1006/.) This site offers free downloads of virtually all model types.
For yet more information, search the internet for paper models, papercraft, or card models.

I had hoped to add a few more models to the display and post a couple pictures here. But then Dad died, so other matters have delayed all modeling activities until now.

If the text above can help with this flyer project, feel free to modify it appropriately.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Google Adsense